Hardest game you ever played/easiest game you ever played?

Page 5 of 5 [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Falloy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Jul 2015, 4:51 pm

Hardest game ? I couldn't get to grips at all with Frozen Synapse on PC - the computer seemed to have foreknowledge of what my moves would be. I didn't give it long but it's still sitting on my Steam list - perhaps I should give it another go. I'm hopeless at tough shooters like Ikaruga. I don't think I could do a lap on the original Geoff Crammond's Formula One game on the Amiga with the driving aids turned off - I had the feeling I was doing 25 miles an hour and yet would spin off at the first curve.

I have finished Demon's Souls, Dark Souls 1&2 and Bloodborne - they are manageable if you learn what the game wants from you and are prepared to advance slowly and grind a bit occasionally.

For the easiest games I'm going to annoy the Sega fans and nominate things like Panzer Dragoon and NiGHTS which were tiny games and contained virtually no challenge. The developers tried to extend the life of the games by awarding a grade for how well you did on a stage and the aim was to go back for the perfect score. This game mechanic doesn't appeal to me I'm afraid. Rez is similar but it's got the music thing going on and it's quite trippy so I'll excuse it.

KagamineLen
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2015, 2:59 pm

Hardest game I ever played is easily Deathsmiles.

Easiest game I ever played is anything released by TellTale Games.

Fibbox
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

31 Jul 2015, 3:56 pm

The hardest game i've played is Stalker Call of Pripyat... or maybe it's Shovel Knight. I can't quite decide on which is harder.

The easiest in recent memory has to be Shantae: Risky's Revenge.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2015, 4:58 am

KagamineLen wrote:
Hardest game I ever played is easily Deathsmiles.

What, really? Was this the Black Label version (with the 999 mode) or the original? Outside of the 999 mode (which is mean) it's a pretty easy shmup, as bullet-hell games go. Hell, I knocked out the final boss without bombs the first time I fought him.

With a bit of practice, you'd probably find it easy too.

Fibbox
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Aug 2015, 5:44 am

I am correcting the easiest game. The easiest one i have played is Mario Land 3 / Wario Land 1. I can finish that game in less than two hours.