Hummingbird
Hummingbird

Location: Luxvia, A world of faraway people who all have asperger's

03 Dec 2010, 4:33 pm

Am I the only aspie who LOVES cats?
Hello? :heart: :cat:
Anyway, if you want to talk about cats, I'm your gal. :D
Catchannel.com : Starlight :hail:

Last edited by Yuethemoonsprite on 06 Dec 2010, 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ci
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2010, 4:46 pm

My cat died of cancer and the symptoms manifest suddenly. Her stomach expanded and she was in pain. As a result of that and a few things I am not going to get another.

1. Cat hair upsets the order and cleanliness of things.

2. The emotions of the cat and the moods were hard to understand.

3. I am not sure if I was able to take care of her properly given that cats didn't speak.

Initial the cat was a suggestion for company. The purrs are nice but running up to me and swatting and biting my feet was unpleasant. The cat had been previously abused and was an isolationist toward new people and her behaviour in general I think was influenced by that.

Nathan Young

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2010, 5:12 pm

Love cats too.

Mine died about a year ago.

Aspies are often dog, cat, or animal enthusiasts.

RainingRoses
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2010, 5:26 pm

Yuethemoonsprite wrote:
Hello? :heart: :cat:

Nope -- definitely not the only one. I have four permanent residents (all rescues) and I regularly foster kittens from Animal Care & Control. Unfortunately, they now know that I'll take a kitten on death's door and spend tons of money and time bringing it back to life. So, I get lots of hopeless cases. Haven't lost one yet, though! The most ridiculous thing I've done is pay to have something like a little kitten cornea transplant done on one so he'd keep both of his eyes. I like dogs, too, and regularly transport pit bulls from kill shelters to non-kill shelters, foster homes, or forever homes. (PM me if you want to talk more about cats!)

And it was all for the want of a nail.

MidlifeAspie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2010, 5:32 pm

I read somewhere that Aspies love cats because "cats are autistic dogs" and we relate to them.

Wallourdes
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2010, 6:13 pm

I had a good bond with a cat when I was a baby, I really miss that cat...
Her name was Pluisje, it's Dutch for plush.

Hope to have a cat when I live on my own.

LittleTigger
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2010, 6:20 pm

Another neverdie CatLover here.

In Tiggerville, Cats Rule.

To those who have lost their
sacred ones, my greatest
condolences, may The
Great Mew put his mighty, soft
paws on you and see the
souls of your sacred ones
into his protective Lion
Heart.

May The Power Of Mew
be with you always.

When society stops expecting
too much from me, I will
stop disappointing them.

Simonono
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2010, 6:39 pm

[quote="Yuethemoonsprite"]Am I the only aspie who LOVES cats?quote]

Are you kidding? I love my cat more than anything, she is my only reason to live, to take care of her :D

theWanderer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2010, 7:41 pm

Yuethemoonsprite wrote:

Not at all. I get along with cats better than people, and I don't think I'd stay sane without my cats. My two "kittens" - five now, but I've had them since less than a month old (orphaned and bottle fed) - are the only ones I have right now. But they are beautiful. :D As a kid, I used to tick people off, because I'd go into someone's house and ignore the people if there was a cat there, because I was much too interested in the cat to care about anything else. Or, if I paid any attention to the people, it was, "You have a cat? Where is she? KThxBai" Actually, I still do that sometimes. :lol:

===================
In the country of the blind, the one eyed man - would be diagnosed with a psychological disorder

danandlouie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2010, 7:42 pm

have been fortunate to be around about 10,000 cats since 1995. the ones i had a chance to get to know showed me that cats are like humans in one respect..... distinct personalities.

i hope that everyone is spaying/neutering every cat they can get their hands on. approx 2.5 million cats put down in animal shelters last year. insane situation.

my companion animals are all like i am......gimpy, burned, broken, not wanted by normal humans. we were meant for each other.

mv
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2010, 8:03 pm

MidlifeAspie wrote:
I read somewhere that Aspies love cats because "cats are autistic dogs" and we relate to them.

I :heart: this!

RainingRoses
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2010, 8:33 pm

danandlouie wrote:
i hope that everyone is spaying/neutering every cat they can get their hands on.

+1

And it was all for the want of a nail.

Miyah
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2010, 9:16 pm

I love cats

LittleTigger
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2010, 12:44 am

May The Great Mew bless and
protect all cats and
those who love cats,
and may The Power Of Mew
be with you always.

When society stops expecting
too much from me, I will
stop disappointing them.

nthach
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2010, 1:48 am

Of course I love cats.

[img][800:667]http://images56.fotki.com/v714/photos/1/1159048/5889017/Westcat160Jul10MrAC-vi.jpg[/img]

On a more serious note, we've got a 9 pound black and white troublemaker that we thought was a fixed male until we wondered why it yowled for the 2 years we had it. Fast forward to May this year and we found out out our cat was a girl and it wasn't fixed when we took he, or rather her to the vet. :oops:

Zur-Darkstar
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Dec 2010, 10:26 am

I admire both cats and dogs for their qualities that are radically different and equally worthwhile. Cats are wonderfully self-sufficient, solitary creatures. When they come to me to give or receive attention, I know it is out of genuine affection, rather than need or instinct. The cat is a formidable fighter, but will seldom actually fight, employing the principle that the threat of force is often more useful than force itself. My cat intimidates my family's two large dogs (about 4 times its size), just by hissing and snarling, so they give him a wide berth, but he knows better than to actually attack them.

Dogs are the embodiment of loyalty and devotion. Their whole world is centered upon the needs of the pack. Dogs are selfless givers, who will confront any danger to protect the group. I often think that dogs are like people without the unnecessary prejudices, biases, and silly ideas. Their understanding of the world is social, but simple and straightforward, rather than complicated and ritualistic.

I love all animals really. While human behavior is often complicated, disorganized, and counter-productive, animal behavior seems invariably sensible, practical, and rational to me. I'm usually the first person that pets come up to whenever I meet a new one. Something about the way I carry myself probably says "not dangerous" in a way animals understand but people don't.