Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ci
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2010, 7:10 pm

Alright so I wanted to make a topic about sexism. I would like to understand it from your perspectives. Both males and females.

See also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexism

Wiki Sexism

Nathan Young

CrinklyCrustacean
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2010, 7:56 pm

This is what I think:

ci
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2010, 8:41 pm

Laugh..

Classified..

CrinklyCrustacean
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2010, 8:50 pm

ci wrote:
Laugh..

Classified..

No, it means I think this thread should be locked before it gets full of hate-filled, sexist responses.

Wallourdes
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2010, 9:00 pm

Ok i'll stir the cauldron:

Men! It's time to stop the female uprising! :lol:

Where you're shirts!:

For more information:
http://marriedwithchildren.wikia.com/wiki/NO_MA%27AM

Disclaimer:
This statement does not reflect the opinions of Wallourdes and is therefor not responsible for the actions made after viewing this statement. This information is for entertainment purposes only :wink:.

Cheerfully,
Wallourdes

Wallourdes
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2010, 9:01 pm

CrinklyCrustacean wrote:
ci wrote:
Laugh..

Classified..

No, it means I think this thread should be locked before it gets full of hate-filled, sexist responses.

Too late :lol:

ci
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2010, 9:01 pm

Is it politically correct to laugh?

theWanderer
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2010, 9:05 pm

I simply find it stupid, like any other prejudice. Yes, either sex can find examples of the opposite sex who have all sorts of shortcomings - but they are individuals. Seeing someone as a member of a group - except possibly forming some opinion of them because of a group they voluntarily joined - rather than as an individual has several side effects. It limits your understanding of the world around you, and it marks you out as bigoted and stupid. Yes, we all slip sometimes, but the important point is to recognise when you've been stupid. And sexism is as stupid as racism or any other type of bigotry.

===================
In the country of the blind, the one eyed man - would be diagnosed with a psychological disorder

menintights
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2010, 9:07 pm

What is there even to discuss.

ci
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2010, 9:13 pm

Create conversation. I'm studying it..

Hector
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2010, 9:53 pm

I don't really know where to start here. I imagine I'm more PC on this issue than most men because I was raised by a feminist, but who knows for sure.

menintights
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2010, 10:00 pm

Yeah, I don't think anyone who uses the term "PC" without the quotation marks should consider himself "PC."

ci
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2010, 10:05 pm

Has there been a cease fire in the war of the sexes?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Pd3WSK80mk[/youtube]

Hector
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2010, 10:09 pm

menintights wrote:
Yeah, I don't think anyone who uses the term "PC" without the quotation marks should consider himself "PC."

Well, seemingly I've met my match in being PC. Or should that be "PC".

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2010, 10:23 pm

Its unfortunate that its even a topic for discussion. We waste our time and I believe spend way too much of it chasing shadows in this area.

ci
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2010, 10:25 pm

Morality and sexism is a unique mix.

The two began somewhat opposite in part. Now moral feminist might say to view a women as like an object of desire is sexist? Whats the difference between an object and an animal and an object and a human. If one animal looks toward another animal to reproduce are they then objects of the desire to reproduce? I can see why some men are called sexist but is it not ok to be like animals or are we supposed to evolve beyond the gender perceptions of everyday life and is that possible if it is so instinctual?

I had a unique encounter with this in which everyone I asked said similarly, not offended. Ladies and men but it was a few ladies first asked me to create romance candles. At first I didn't want to but I did. Then a moralist and a lady called them immoral and degrading to women in an eruption in the form of a social outcry from a whole local government office. The romance candles never implied a gender or orientation and this was from a government office locally. It was after a local radio station network by a women introduced the misbehaving candles. I offered to meet with the local government office having a local police officer inform me of the outcry and bring a few supporting ladies to the meeting but hush silence no meeting desired.

Nathan Young