My boyfriend.... slapped me.

Page 7 of 7 [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

LordoftheMonkeys
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2010, 10:33 pm

Anyone ever noticed how most girls are perfectly happy with their boyfriends, and then you see a select few who claim to have a long string of abusive relationships on their hands? This hardly seems like a coincidence. I can think of three explanations:

1. These girls have really bad luck.
2. They are naturally attracted to abusive guys.
3. Abusive guys are naturally attracted to them.
4. They are chronic whiners.

The first case is highly unlikely. God doesn't play dice, after all. The second and fourth are the girl's fault, not the guy's. The third probably has a lot more to do with exuding insecurity than anything else, so in a way, that's her fault as well. I'm not pointing any fingers at the OP, just extrapolating.

Last edited by LordoftheMonkeys on 07 Dec 2010, 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2010, 10:35 pm

so you're saying it's the girl's fault a guy is abusive to her?

ediself
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2010, 10:36 pm

wow i can't reply to this, it's 4: 36 in the morning dude. emlion, go to bed.

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2010, 10:42 pm

ediself wrote:
wow i can't reply to this, it's 4: 36 in the morning dude. emlion, go to bed.

yeah. i think i might.
3.42am here.

raisedbyignorance
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2010, 10:42 pm

meems wrote:
It's OK. I've had to show the video to about seventeen friends to prove I'm not making it up. I'd probably share the link here if I felt comfortable. I don't even talk to anyone from this board outside of the board, I'm new to posting at this particular board and it's OK either way.

I'm just glad my therapist thought it was obviously an accident. And glad my boyfriend also bought tickets to Seattle so we can just use it as an excuse to vacation. He's proved a lot to me in this situation though, which I'd say is a positive. I think we're coming out the other end of this situation in a better place than we were before even if I feel terribly guilty.

I dunno if it's a good idea to expose yourself like that to so many people that you know. It might give off a bad impression of yourself...and the situation.

But if you strongly feel that things are getting better for you and your boyfriend, that's good.

Whatever happens though, dont be afraid to tell him how you feel. It's important that he knows when you feel uncomfortable or scared in a situation so the two of you can work on what can be worked on.

Xeno
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2010, 4:30 pm

Since I wasn't there, I don't know what happened and I won't act like I do. But if it was completely accidental, I apologize for my previous response.