Need Help with University Short Documentary Script on Autism

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

scaine
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Dec 2010, 12:05 pm

Hey guys, I've posted this in the adolescent section too, but thought there would be more scope here, in general. Right..

Okay, so I have to produce a script, for a short 15 minute documentary. I've chosen to focus predominately on autism, no real reason other than the fact I find it fascinating and of great interest. Now originally it was going to be on just the CARERS of those with autism, and I already have an interview with my friend's mum, who manages social workers and carers etc. making sure that those with autism get the right help.

Basically, I'd like to hear from people with autism, to give this documentary a more whole and wider feel. I would need to have an interview, and it would be really interesting to hear from people around my age (16-20) although that's not a necessity, any input from anyone of any age would be brilliant and very welcome. It would basically consist of questions such as how does it affect your day-to-day life, and it really is just about your feelings on having autism, and how you cope etc. As I say, it's not a long documentary, in scripted form only, and I'm going for a personalised approach.

Any questions, pleas don't hesitate to ask. I'd really appreciate any replies, and look forward to hopefully talking to a few people, and especially conducting this interview for my module. Thanks a lot!

cnidocyte
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Dec 2010, 1:07 pm

How do you wanna do the interview, over webcam? I'm 24, I'll do it but I probably live half way across the world so I doubt meeting face to face is an option. I'm Irish but I can put on an American accent if the viewers are likely to have trouble understanding my accent.

scaine
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Dec 2010, 1:30 pm

cnidocyte wrote:
How do you wanna do the interview, over webcam? I'm 24, I'll do it but I probably live half way across the world so I doubt meeting face to face is an option. I'm Irish but I can put on an American accent if the viewers are likely to have trouble understanding my accent.

Hey, thanks for the reply, sorry should have been more specific. It's not going to be a filmed documentary or anything like that, it's a script-writing module, so will only be in script form. The interview would be easier just done over MSN if that's okay? Don't have a webcam, so just a typed interview, plus that would save on transcribing and there will be no mistakes in miss-interpreting what you say!

Are you in Ireland? I'm in England, again should have been more specific, I'm near Newcastle :) so yeah, face-to-face still isn't an option, but it didn't have to be, so that's great. No need to put on an accent! Ha.

So yes, that would be fantastic. My addy is [email protected], but I'm also on Skype if that's any use. Let me know what time is best for you, it's helpful being in the same time zone, but any time this week, preferably before Thursday. I'd need around 5-7 minutes of interview material, so be prepared to just ramble is that's okay with you!

Thanks again, look forward to your reply. Also, anyone else is still welcome to reply and help out if possible, cheers.

scaine
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Dec 2010, 11:50 am

Anyone...?

Ariela
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Dec 2010, 1:19 pm

You can PM me if you want. How would you like to do the interview?

DandelionFireworks
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2010, 1:51 pm

I'm around your age, but could we do it via PM on this site?

NOT A DOCTOR

scaine
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Dec 2010, 6:50 pm

Bump.

Just getting this back up the pages, any and all help is appreciated, thanks.

Bluefins
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2010, 7:25 pm

You'd get more replies if you posted your questions here.

Kempy
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Dec 2010, 7:26 pm

I'll be happy to contribute. I've added your MSN and I hope to speak to you soon.

scaine
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Dec 2010, 11:36 am

Hey Kempy, don't think I've had a request - what's your email address? If you'd like to PM me it, I'll add you.

scaine
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Jan 2011, 8:07 am

Right, hello, still in need of someone to interview guys and gals! And it needs to be this week, kind of running out of time! If you're interested, please do reply to this thread or PM me, I really do appreciate any interest. Thanks.

kfisherx
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2011, 10:26 am

You can PM me too for this. I am 47 years old and work at Intel as a Sr Technical PM. I have been in high-tech for nearly 20 years.

Arminius
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Jan 2011, 8:39 pm

You can PM me. I am an eighteen-year-old college student and busker.