Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

pluto
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2010, 6:36 pm

Snap ! (literally),Misswoofalot,I'm also on crutches,with a broken leg.

Horus,it's probably not any consolation,but a 'cold' Florida at 32 F actually sounds quite pleasant compared to what it's like here !
Traffic has been at a standstill on many roads due to snow and ice and thousands of drivers were trapped in their vehicles in overnight temperatures around 7 F (minus 14 C).

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2010, 7:00 pm

I'm cold right now even though I'm in the house.

Horus
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2010, 7:25 pm

pluto wrote:
Snap ! (literally),Misswoofalot,I'm also on crutches,with a broken leg.

Horus,it's probably not any consolation,but a 'cold' Florida at 32 F actually sounds quite pleasant compared to what it's like here !
Traffic has been at a standstill on many roads due to snow and ice and thousands of drivers were trapped in their vehicles in overnight temperatures around 7 F (minus 14 C).

No it is not any consolation. :( Everything is relative. 32 to those of us who've been living here for a decade or so feels like -32.

It IS supposed to warm up to around average for this time of year (around 78/79 for a high and 60/61 for a low) starting on Friday. This won't last long though, another f**king cold front is supposed to arrive on Monday morning and by Tuesday, it will be EVEN colder than it was this past week. :x

In fact....it is literally supposed to drop to 32 right around here on the coast of Ft. Lauderdale on Tuesday morning :evil:

The coastal regions of South Florida RARELY see temps at freezing or below....even during the coldest month on average, Jan.

If we actually see a temp of 32 here in Lauderdale-by-the-sea....the western parts/agricultural regions of the S. Florida counties are really gonna get it. One good hard freeze will spell disaster for the winter produce grown in these areas.

So now we can all expect to pay an arm and leg for much of our produce, orange juice, etc...this year. :x

*Shakes head*

They should start growing North America's winter produce, citrus fruit, etc......in Southern Mexico or somewhere else in the Neotropics where temps never fall below 50, if not below 70 in many neotropical regions.

Florida no longer has a reliable subtropical/tropical climate....the past three winters have been the coldest i've ever experienced here.

Morning comes the sunrise and i'm driven to my bed, I see that it is empty and there's devils in my head. I embrace, the many-colored beast...I grow weary of the torment....can there be no peace? I find myself just wishing, that my life would simply cease