I have 719 movie titles in my collection!! !! !

Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2006, 5:38 pm

I like independent films, too. I hope to join a foreign/independent film club in Houston, if I can find one. You sound cool, too.

Tim

mjs82
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2006, 5:38 am

i have at the moment 1200 dvd titles, approximately 150 of which are TV shows. i still have about 600 videos. all dvds are originals. due to my nationality, I have a good portion of Australian films. how many movies of which are out there that you consider 'decent' is dependent solely on your personal taste.

DylanMcKay
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Sep 2009, 4:14 am

Tim, have you thought about trying out for the movie trivia week on Who Wants to be a Millionaire? Someone earlier suggested that it would be nice to be able to make money off of watching movies, well that's one way.

Tom
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2009, 5:23 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
I just wanted to let everybody know that I have 719 movie titles in my collection.

669 of these are in DVD format, while 50 are in VHS format.

Tim

probably a big factor in you not having sex till now, you were too busy with your movies!

Tom
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2009, 5:25 am

I threw out 3 big boxes of VHS,

i was going to give them to a charaty shop, but a lot of them didnt work anymore.

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2009, 2:37 pm

Oh, WOW!! ! That's SO IMPRESSIVE!! ! Congratulations! It must have taken you years to get to that point. Not to mention the room they take up. :lol: That's great.

How do you organize them? By actors, directors, genre?

How I envy you!

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2009, 7:42 pm

I am close to 900 titles now.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

TheDuck
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Sep 2009, 8:52 pm

I have around 600 dvds and 150 movies on my hard drive. The negative side is that it`s hard to pick which one to watch. (a lot of the time I just end up not watching a movie cause I can`t pick)

DNForrest
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2009, 9:55 pm

TheDuck wrote:
I have around 600 dvds and 150 movies on my hard drive. The negative side is that it`s hard to pick which one to watch. (a lot of the time I just end up not watching a movie cause I can`t pick)

I have that same problem, too (751 DVDs, 23 Blu-Rays, totaling around 500 individual titles), my friends and family just consider me their own personal Video Rental store. I've just taken the habit of, if I get a random urge to watch a movie at some point, but can't watch it, I take it from my shelf and put it in a pile. Then, when I do have time, I pick from that selection. Also, I'm rather proud that none of my movies have Rob Schneider, Adam Sandler, Uwe Boll, or the Wayans brothers (save for Requiem for a Dream) involved with them in any way.

Klint
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2009, 11:31 pm

I have about 459 titles (426 DVDs and 33 Blu-Rays). There's probably more scattered around my house, or being borrowed at the moment though. I also have a bunch of boxes full of VHS tapes in the attic, but I don't really watch them anymore.

But for some reason even though I have all these movies, I can't make a decision when picking one to watch. I think it's mostly because I can remember the details of movies pretty well, and so it always feels like I just watched most the movies I own. Even though I haven't watched a good amount of them for months or even years.

Impressive collection by the way Tim! :wink:

Same goes to the rest of you who posted theirs. :D

xalepax
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2009, 6:32 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
I just wanted to let everybody know that I have 719 movie titles in my collection.

and I got 1186 movie titles - ONLY in the collection of my own recorded videos. Most of it will be shared on YouTube
That will take me years to complete as the editing is not done..... :oops:

As for the rest, I havent count them but most of it I got on VHS. I bought a DVD player first by last year...