What are your thoughts about National Holidays?

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2006, 4:17 pm

Canada Day is comming up, and I've come to a realization that I don't really care. The reasoning behind my carelessness towards the whole idea, is that Canada doesn't seem Canadian, anymore. Canadians are acting more like Americans, every year. Not all of them do, but the ones that I know sure do. And this is coming from a Canadian. I've also felt English my whole entire Life. I've felt like a Londoner in a Strange Land. I think that my Pre-School Trip to Victoria, BC has had a tremendous effect on me. I see all of the Canada stuff that's on display, in all of the stores that I walk into, and it's just too much for me to take. The Red of the Maple Leafs don't even remind me of Canada. That Red reminds me of what a Bus should look like.

On Canada Day, I'll watch some of the Opening at Wimbledon on the Telly, and than I'll buy myself that Die-Cast Routemaster that I have comming into the local Hobby Store. I'll clear the perfect spot, for my Bus, on my Dresser, and put it there. Than I'll make myself a Pot of Afternoon Tea and take it into my Bedroom.

As far as I'm concerned, my Family and Relatives can keep Canada in their way and let me keep it in mine.

And another thing about Canada Day that I hate, are the noisy Fireworks.

Canada Day...Bah, Humbug!

I have another question?
Could you see my little Rant on Canada Day comming?

Last edited by CockneyRebel on 18 Jun 2006, 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2006, 4:19 pm

Waste of time. But then we don't really have a proper national holiday in Britain, although Gordon Brown has made noises about it in the past, we don't need one.

We could do to celebrate all the patron saints of the UK more though - England's especially.

subatai_baadur
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2006, 4:31 pm

Your national holidays suck; you need to encorporate more explosives. That's what makes ours so good.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2006, 4:39 pm

:lol:

SolaCatella
Veteran
Veteran

Location: [insert creative, funny declaration of location here]

18 Jun 2006, 7:09 pm

The explosives are what make it special. :o

I like the little bag-things that you throw at the ground and they make tiny explosions. Apart from the fireworks, though, I really don't give a damn about my own national holiday.

subatai_baadur
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2006, 9:13 pm

SolaCatella wrote:
The explosives are what make it special. :o

I like the little bag-things that you throw at the ground and they make tiny explosions. Apart from the fireworks, though, I really don't give a damn about my own national holiday.

I still have a bunch of those M-40's or whatever you call them in my closet, as well as some bottle rockets and smoke bombs in my mini fridge next to my bed. No one cares about the 4th of July other than fireworks, though.

walk-in-the-rain
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2006, 9:55 pm

I dislike fireworks - I go in the house and hide when my husband puts on his "display". I don't know which is more fun - the noise or the unpredictabilty.