Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

MasterJedi
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2010, 10:10 pm

I realize this might not be the right place in which to ask such a question.

I have a facebook friend through my wife. We have several things in common not the least of which small children. I mean, we have small children, we're not interested in them, y'know...

Anyway, I asked him if he wanted to get together for coffee at the bookstore sometime. This was Thursday. Today is Monday. He hasn't said boo to me since Wednesday.

I fear I may have done something wrong.

Any advise?

Joy73
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Dec 2010, 2:27 am

He might be away. He might not check his email every day. He might have a ot of things happeneing & be putting off replying until he's sure. He might be shy. He might be procrastinating. He might not think that delay is too long. He might be busy.

Try not to let it worry you (I say that as someone who's just the same). It's unlikely that you have caused the delay by doing something terribly wrong. You're probably imagining it. In this situation, I usually worry myself sick for a few days, then they email and say "sure - that would be great". :)

MasterJedi
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2010, 2:24 pm

I've resigned myself to the notion that I'll probably never have a best friend. I hope he counts me into the midnight premiere of Tron.

Oh, thanks for the tips.