Page 1 of 4 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Clyde
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Dec 2010, 4:39 am

I hate it. In this economy people are either making due with the employees they have or hiring whomever they want. I have no job experience and I need a job. I need to start building for my future. I cannot get any work experience if I don't have a job. Its like a catch 22, no experience, no job, but no job no experience.
I'm tired of it. Everywhere I have to deal with incompetent no jobs. Kohls calls my home phone, while I'm out for school. They never called my cellphone, I didn't even get a missed message. I call back to see why they called, they were doing interviews on the day I called and they passed they were at like 8:40 in the morning. It would have been nice for them to leave a voice mail. I got home so late I didn't have time to call back that very day. Its utter b.s. I signed up for Macy's, but won't get the job because I can't complete their questionare because they are asking for social security. You do not give social security until you're hired. Unless you're guaranteed to get hired, they have no right knowing my social security. All the online job applications require a social security, which is ret*d.

How the f**k am I suppose to get a job, when business do not know how to design online job applications? When no one picks the person who is just in college, needs financial support to make it in life? When no one picks the person who needs experience to get into a job?

I'll work at places like Outback, but nowhere super fast foody. I just. I can't do this any more. I want to blow up all business jobs and start over. Where people who actually have skill experience or no experience actually get a job. Not Stacy Smiles a Lot.

Subotai
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2010, 4:49 am

Clyde wrote:
I hate it. In this economy people are either making due with the employees they have or hiring whomever they want. I have no job experience and I need a job. I need to start building for my future. I cannot get any work experience if I don't have a job. Its like a catch 22, no experience, no job, but no job no experience.
I'm tired of it. Everywhere I have to deal with incompetent no jobs. Kohls calls my home phone, while I'm out for school. They never called my cellphone, I didn't even get a missed message. I call back to see why they called, they were doing interviews on the day I called and they passed they were at like 8:40 in the morning. It would have been nice for them to leave a voice mail. I got home so late I didn't have time to call back that very day. Its utter b.s. I signed up for Macy's, but won't get the job because I can't complete their questionare because they are asking for social security. You do not give social security until you're hired. Unless you're guaranteed to get hired, they have no right knowing my social security. All the online job applications require a social security, which is ret*d.

How the f**k am I suppose to get a job, when business do not know how to design online job applications? When no one picks the person who is just in college, needs financial support to make it in life? When no one picks the person who needs experience to get into a job?

I'll work at places like Outback, but nowhere super fast foody. I just. I can't do this any more. I want to blow up all business jobs and start over. Where people who actually have skill experience or no experience actually get a job. Not Stacy Smiles a Lot.

Take any job offered to you initially including fast food, keep looking. Don't leave your home phone # just your cell to ensure you get the call.

Have you tried Craigslist?

Clyde
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Dec 2010, 5:10 am

Subotai wrote:
[
Take any job offered to you initially including fast food, keep looking. Don't leave your home phone # just your cell to ensure you get the call.

Have you tried Craigslist?

No. Haven't tried Craigslist.

Pok3m3Up
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Dec 2010, 5:39 pm

Try Submit your Resume at jobreaches [dot] info
They have many job openings, but don't know if you are really be hired.
I have tried submitted my resume, and I got contacted for in two days, but no any jobs are related to me :D

Schala
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Dec 2010, 12:45 pm

The job market is tough, so if you really are this desperate you shouldn't consider any job beneath you, even fast food.
I know it sucks, but at least it's something.

Clyde
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Dec 2010, 6:43 pm

Schala wrote:
The job market is tough, so if you really are this desperate you shouldn't consider any job beneath you, even fast food.

I couldn't work at fast food.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2010, 8:18 pm

Maybe do some volunteering.

Clyde
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Dec 2010, 4:29 am

Moog wrote:
Maybe do some volunteering.

Like what kind? My big flaw is working with people.

Mark198423
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2010, 7:24 am

Clyde wrote:
Schala wrote:

Then you're not desperate for a job.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2010, 1:52 pm

Clyde wrote:

I hear you. I also struggled for this exact same reason before our economy went downhill.

I think lot of work places are too lazy so they hire people who have experience because they train quicker. It may also have to do with money too. It costs money to train someone and if that person just quits and never shows up for work all of a sudden, they have lost money and wasted it. That could be another reason why they prefer experience, to prevent this. There are people out there who all of a sudden don't show up for work when they had just started. So it makes work places not want to hire anyone who has no work experience. But seriously I have some experience with work and it would show I showed up on time and didn't just quit when I started and I was a good worker. It's right on my application, all they have to do is call the work place and ask them about me. Same as looking at my resume. They just don't do that. So I call them lazy because they can't even try me even if I never had that job experience. If I were a good worker elsewhere, it's very unlikely I won't just all of a sudden not show up for work when I am new or had been working there for a few months and then all of a sudden quit.

And work places ask for your SS number because they need it to look into your background before hiring you. They need to make sure you have no criminal background. I have had to put in my SS number when I fill out work applications. It's all about background check. If you don't put it in, it makes it look like you are hiding something. And you do have to trust work places aren't going to steal your identity. It's like giving out your card number when you order stuff online. You trust the store site isn't going to steal your card number and use it to buy stuff for themselves.

Oh and saying it's ret*d reminded me a lot like my first ex, he called everything ret*d he didn't like.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Lene
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2010, 2:01 pm

Mark198423 wrote:
Clyde wrote:
Schala wrote:

Kinda agree with this sentiment. Beggars can't be choosers. Even if you just give it a go for a while and then quit, it's all experience & fodder for the CV.

Mark198423
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2010, 2:35 pm

Lene wrote:
Mark198423 wrote:
Clyde wrote:
Schala wrote:

Kinda agree with this sentiment. Beggars can't be choosers. Even if you just give it a go for a while and then quit, it's all experience & fodder for the CV.

Exactally! It's often easier to get a job when you already have one than when you don't!

Clyde
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Dec 2010, 4:58 pm

Mark198423 wrote:

I'm so sorry I have standards. That just isn't an environment for me. Obviously you don't know me. One I'm vegan, which means I haven't really had any meat products in a year. Just the smell alone of cooking meat is disgusting.

I hate public restaurants to begin with. I mean I already sent in applications for places like Ihop, Red Lobster, etc. Sit in restaurants.

People talk so loud in public places, the voices begin to penetrate my brain and they bounce off and echo around. I feel dizzy, then everything seems brighter and seems to get louder. When I use to hang with my friends after school and they went to places like Mcdonalds, and it was really busy. There was a lot of people, I couldn't focus on what other people were saying. I became almost over sensitive. I swear I could hear the grease popping.

I just can't. Because if I did...I'd probably one out of there. I need air. I need space. I might be desperate. But I'd never want to put myself into harms way either. I can be desperate and still care about my personal sanity.

Clyde
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Dec 2010, 5:01 pm

League_Girl wrote:
And work places ask for your SS number because they need it to look into your background before hiring you. They need to make sure you have no criminal background. I have had to put in my SS number when I fill out work applications. It's all about background check. If you don't put it in, it makes it look like you are hiding something. And you do have to trust work places aren't going to steal your identity. It's like giving out your card number when you order stuff online. You trust the store site isn't going to steal your card number and use it to buy stuff for themselves.

They cannot ask for my SS, unless I'm hired. They have no right to look into my background if I'm not an employee there or will not have a guarantee of being an employee there.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2010, 5:59 pm

Clyde wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

They cannot ask for my SS, unless I'm hired. They have no right to look into my background if I'm not an employee there or will not have a guarantee of being an employee there.

I don't know where you get that idea from that work places cannot ask for your SS number unless they hire you. I should also add they want to make sure you are a US citizen. They don't want illegal aliens. No SS number, you're not a citizen.

You be lucky if you can find work under the table. That's how illegal immigrants work.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Clyde
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Dec 2010, 6:05 pm

League_Girl wrote:
I don't know where you get that idea from that work places cannot ask for your SS number unless they hire you. I should also add they want to make sure you are a US citizen. They don't want illegal aliens. No SS number, you're not a citizen.

You be lucky if you can find work under the table. That's how illegal immigrants work.

The SS cannot be asked unless we are legally an employee there.

Oh here we go and I quote:

Quote:
Do not use SSNVS before hiring an employee.

And I quote again:

Quote:
Social Security will verify SSNs and names solely to ensure the records of current or former employees are correct for the purpose of completing an Internal Revenue Service Form W-2 (Wage and Tax Statement).
A current employee is defined as a person who has received and accepted a job offer.

You can read: http://www.ssa.gov/employer/ssnvspamphlet.htm

These are the rules they have to abide by. Therefore, they should not ask me for my SS unless I'm a hired employee or guarenteed to be there employee.

That's why on my Job Applications I put: Upon Hire.

They have no right to have my SS unless I am an employee or a hired employee.