Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Xuincherguixe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2006, 7:29 am

Slapula wrote:
Ahh, reminds me of the good ol'days of playing Valkerie Profile :D

That game may have been one of the things that inspired me with this (I've lost track to be quite honest). I'd rather this not end up something that seems very derivative.

But then, I get the feeling that mixing Norse Mythology and H.P. Lovecraft is probably something that hasn't been done all that much. (Then again it works so well it might have been)

I'll start things off as a MUSH (text based role playing game), and add things over time I think.

MindOfOrderedChaos
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2006, 12:01 am

About the idea of making a RTS game with a highly editable Map maker here is a RTS engine I have found that has alot of the basics done. Its no longer a active project but its a massive start. Its open source so all the source code is supplyed.

http://bos.seul.org/download.shtml

Please take alook. It works on both windows and linux.

My idea the other day was that we could make a RTS game that allowed people to use the Map editor to change unit stats and things and also set up map triggers etc. So people could make there own games to play with the RTS engine basicly and also set up a basic RTS game that is the Default. I think it would be good for replayablity and for development if regular people has asscess to simple enough tools to make there own maps and balancing and stuff :).

Anyway take a look. Please.