Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

androbot2084
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2012, 8:03 pm

Genetic testing for autism will be used for prenatal screening.

MrJay
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Jun 2012, 8:41 pm

No thank you! It is my personal estimation that all doctors are fools, if not misinformed. The last thing I want is for them to be able to pigeon hole me. Who knows if restrictions will be placed on things people can legally do in the future based on such a test? We're headed that way already as it is. I'm kinda in the same boat as you diagnosis wise. Doctors can't agree what's "wrong" with me and I've been through just about every med there is. I'll take my mood swings and odd behavior/thought patterns over being medicated any day of the week. At least I feel alive. Stay weird friend, it's better than the alternative.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

25 Jun 2012, 9:08 pm

MrJay wrote:
No thank you! It is my personal estimation that all doctors are fools, if not misinformed. The last thing I want is for them to be able to pigeon hole me. Who knows if restrictions will be placed on things people can legally do in the future based on such a test? We're headed that way already as it is. I'm kinda in the same boat as you diagnosis wise. Doctors can't agree what's "wrong" with me and I've been through just about every med there is. I'll take my mood swings and odd behavior/thought patterns over being medicated any day of the week. At least I feel alive. Stay weird friend, it's better than the alternative.

I would like a genetic test so I could have documented proof that I have Aspergers. Many people I've dealt with in my life misinterpreted my Aspie traits & thought I was being that way because I was selfish or rude or lazy or mean or that I didn't care ect. Lots did not realize that I was being the way I was because my brain is wired differently from them. Things would of went a lot better in my family & school & lots of other things in my life if people would of understood I had a developmental disorder instead of them thinking I was just being an extremely difficult ass

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition