Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2010, 6:16 pm

Basically, it seems that different docs disagree on what I have exactly. Even the dx I have right now doesn't make sense totally, because I don't have psychosis outside mood episodes. Even my psychosis and mood episodes don't fit the mold. And then there is the ADHD/AS stuff sort of going on, but maybe not.

Basically, I look forward to better testing in the future that could tell me exactly what gene mutations I have and to possibly give designer drugs to counteract them.

They say it's just a label, but I can't believe that. It's like I'm trying to find people similar to me, which I have yet to find. I have tried hanging out with other mentally ill people, but they are either far sicker than I am, or they display different symptoms.

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

KissOfMarmaladeSky
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2010, 1:20 pm

Your story reminds me of Mystery Diagnosis for some reason.

Oh, and I'd get genetic testing for both fun and to see if I have anything, because I'm suspecting a few disorders for myself.

Plywood
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Dec 2010, 1:46 pm

First they would have to define normal first.

mgran
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2010, 6:30 am

I don't think I would.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2010, 1:05 am

No, thank you.

Taupey
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2010, 8:01 pm

It would be interesting to learn more about myself but I wouldn't want my results available for someone to use in some unethical way.

Your Aspie score: 167 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 35 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie.

Brianm
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Dec 2010, 4:18 pm

No thanks. I hate needles. That's all nurses do is poke people with needles. There's no telling what they're injecting or where they're going to poke me. For some reason I always think of my eyes being put out. No way. I'll just lock myself away for ever.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2010, 5:09 pm

I'd get the test done if it wasn't too expensive and the results were reliable. I'm too old (50) to get an accurate psych evaluation because I've changed and adapted to Aspergers in so many ways over the years that I can almost pass as NT - until people get to know me better.

Taupey
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2010, 6:50 pm

TallyMan wrote:
I'd get the test done if it wasn't too expensive and the results were reliable. I'm too old (50) to get an accurate psych evaluation because I've changed and adapted to Aspergers in so many ways over the years that I can almost pass as NT - until people get to know me better.

For some reason, I thought you were much younger than I am, 50 is not too old TallyMan.

Your Aspie score: 167 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 35 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie.

ProfessorX
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2010, 6:04 pm

No thanks, I'm contented with being the way I am as a person.I need not a diagnostic exam to tell me what I am or should be...

happymusic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2010, 8:47 pm

Yeah sure. It'd be like having an IQ test - fun dinner conversation and material for a stand-up routine.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2012, 6:31 pm

yes and no

yes :arrow: I would be fascinated!

no :arrow: Who would want their data out there?

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2012, 7:32 pm

Yes, I would.

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2012, 7:59 pm

My old psychiatrist said it was just a label as well when I brought up AS. Luckily I have an appointment with my newer psychiatrist on July 9.

splinter
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Jun 2012, 5:29 pm

If it could improves once condition ie more targeted treatment hell ya.
If not a waste of time to get a label

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

25 Jun 2012, 6:52 pm

I relate to your situation Angnix. I was diagnosed with lots of different things & some were contradictory of other things instead of AS. The docs thought a lot of my characteristics were caused by other things that were learned instead of understanding I had some of those issues all my life & that they could be due to Aspergers. I gave up seeing docs & psychs years ago & for the most part not having an official diagnoses doesn't matter to me because I'm pretty sure I have AS & this community accepts me. However not having an Aspergers diagnoses means I don't have AS when it comes to things that are diagnoses or AS dependent. For example I can not qualify for any autism related services or assistance because I'm not diagnosed with anything on the autism spectrum & if for some reason I did start seeing psychs again; they would treat me like I'm an NT instead of an Aspie due to them thinking I don't have AS

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Last edited by nick007 on 25 Jun 2012, 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.