Page 7 of 7 [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2012, 12:16 am

^^^
hiya Cygnus :) welcome to our cool club 8)

cygnus
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Aug 2012, 12:31 am

Thank you for the kind welcome.

The revelation I had about aspergers was when I was listening to the radio (KROQ's kevin and bean, one of those goofy morning talk shows) and a caller gave them a ring to thank them for helping him realize he had aspergers. He mentioned something about the symptoms and I wasn't really paying any attention until he mentioned he collected maps. A lightbulb went off in my head and I finally added 2 and 2 together because I used to collect maps when I was a kid and have always had a fascination when it came to any sort of maps or charts.

The chart fascination thing explains the whole astrology 'special interest' as well it seems :lol:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2012, 12:37 am

cygnus wrote:
The chart fascination thing explains the whole astrology 'special interest' as well it seems :lol:

those were some useful morning drivetime DJs. :o anyways, your astrology special interest is pointing you in the direction of becoming a gifted astrologer. would that i could do likewise, i tried to learn the craft 2 decades back when it was first brought to my attention, but there is just too much stuff for me to remember in any sensible way. :oops: but the process of casting an old-fashioned paper chart from ephemerii and tables of houses etc., was very meditative for me.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2012, 9:35 pm

cygnus wrote:

I think it's something for pattern noticers.

I find it very satisfying to be able to match symbols with their manifestations. Or vice versa.

Predictive astrology does seem ridiculously complex. So many moving parts. I'm beginning to be able to make broad predictions about the tenor of certain parts of a person's life, but pinning down an exact event is still beyond me.

Vedic/Indian astrology/Jyotisha has the tools for prediction that western astrology has lost.

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2012, 1:50 pm

I am a Sagittarius, my Chinese sign is the Ox.
I would rather have been a Dragon or Snake, just because they are so elegant, but I got an Ox.

Oh, well.......
At least I was not born in the sign of the Rat.

Sigh.

Sylkat :roll:

auntree25
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Dec 2013, 8:21 am

I have only known about aspergers for 6 years, I now know I have it, as well as my son, he's officially dx, I definately feel there is a link between the zodiac and AS. I don't feel as though that's the only factor, but, it playas huge role. My son is a Leo and I see Leo's as narcissistic. (Spell check?) I myself, am a Virgo, and I see viragos as by definition ALL being aspies or having the largest amount of aspie traits. All IMO of course:)

IreneS
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Dec 2013, 4:27 pm

I'm a Virgo,
Moon in Scorpio and ascendant in Virgo. Virgo's ruling planet, Mercury, is in Virgo as well.
I think astrology is interesting but I don't believe in it.

pete1061
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2013, 5:03 pm

Aries sun
Sagittarius rising
Cancer moon

Astrology can provide insight when enough detail is provided. Sun sign alone is useless.
And a whole brain approach is necessary. Highly analytical, left brain thinkers need not apply.

Diagnosed in 2005

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2013, 7:08 pm

I think in some ways astrology acts like a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I'm a Leo, so I was always told that means being arrogant and egotistical. I didn't want to be like that so I've spent much of my life trying to not come across as arrogant and egotistical. Funnily enough, all this focusing on myself and how I appear to others has made me get into egotistical thinking habits because it's made me think about myself too much. It's also sort of arrogant to think that what other people think of me is hugely important in the scheme of things :lol:

Also, if an opportunity to do anything that involves leading people comes up, I take it because that silly, illogical part of my brain thinks, 'I'm a Leo, so I can do that.' The fact that I take these things on increases my confidence and leadership abilities and creates a cycle.

I wish there was a way to let go of astrology as a form of social conditioning and just do the most beneficial thing rather than acting according to whatever stereotypes I've unconsciously accepted. Even if I use the logical part of my brain to disprove astrology, I know that part of me can't let it go.

Also, my partner is a Capricorn (and acts like one probably because of being told he is one) and we're not supposed to be together according to astrology :lol: I've even looked at the whole chart because I know they say you need to do that with compatibility, but even then :lol:

Notsoignorant
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Dec 2013, 12:53 pm

I've always suspected that the huge stellium in my chart (Sun, Saturn, Mercury, Jupiter, Venus and Mars) all on Aquarius spells trouble!

But my entire chart is a recipe for disaster. Moon 29deg Taurus, Neptune on Midheaven, Pluto on the 8th house. Holy Cow! it's scary