Page 1 of 7 [ 106 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Imaginate
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Dec 2010, 2:56 pm

Hello to all. I'm new here but excited to share in discussions and ideas.

I'm curious, what is your zodiac sign? I been studying Astrology and am wondering if any signs in particular are more well represented on the Autism Spectrum. Please do share!

(I'm a Virgo)

Avengilante
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Dec 2010, 3:08 pm

Which one? In any given natal chart, each planet appears in its own constellation. The moon sign and the ascendant are of virtually equal importance in determining personality traits as the sun sign that people are so typically fixated on. And though most people know what their basic sun sign is, virtually none of them know in which house of that constellation they were born.

Now that Pluto is no longer a planet, I don't know how astrologers are accounting for that.

Imaginate
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Dec 2010, 3:51 pm

Interesting! Thank you for writing. In my initial post I was referring to the personality traits of the sun sign.

My moon sign is Sagittarius. My rising sign is Leo. Sun is Virgo.

I am not sure about the house.

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2010, 4:25 pm

My sign is NO PARKING THIS SIDE 2ND & 4TH WEDNESDAYS - CITY CODE 65852.574.

The positions of stars, planets, asteroids, and other so-called "heavenly bodies" have no more influence over my life, personality, or ultimate fate than the "heavenly bodies" in any given issue of Playboy. This is particularly egregious when one considers that the source "documents" date back several centuries at least, and reference even older works, to the extent that in many cases, the constellation supposedly "ruling" one's life may well not have even been above the horizon when one was born. At least the ladies in current issues of Playboy were born during my lifespan.

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2010, 4:27 pm

Welcome!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2010, 4:30 pm

Welcome to WrongPlanet. :)

The WP Kink

RaquiGirl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Dec 2010, 5:11 pm

Avengilante wrote:
Now that Pluto is no longer a planet, I don't know how astrologers are accounting for that.

Pluto was largely considered by astrologers to be a planet with a "generational" influence in birth charts, so it's "de-planetization" has little significance in someone's overall natal chart, with the exception of various aspects to other planets. Those aspects can be inferred by comparing one's natal chart traits to others in the same generation.

As for me, I'm an Aries (moon in Pisces, Leo rising, Venus in Aries, Mercury in Pisces, Mars and Jupiter in Aquarius, Saturn in Gemini...) I guess this is one of my special interests. :D

As for those who say it's hooey, you are certainly entitled to your opinion, although I feel I should point out that when Columbus told people he wanted to find a new route to India by going in the other direction, people swore he'd fall off the edge of the earth.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2010, 5:14 pm

My sign's Aquarius.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2010, 5:23 pm

Virgo Sun
Scorpio Rising
Virgo Moon

JetLag
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2010, 5:23 pm

Welcome, Imaginate, to the WP community.

jakewp
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 Dec 2010, 5:26 pm

Though I'm very skeptic before getting to know about AS I thought my asperger traits might be because of I'm Virgo.

For me it sounds Virgo represents very well the AS:

Virgo Strength Keywords:
- Analytical
- Observant
- Helpful
- Reliable
- Precise

Virgo Weakness Keywords:
- Skeptical
- Fussy
- Inflexible
- Cold
- Interfering

source: http://zodiac-signs-astrology.com/zodia ... /virgo.htm

If it is true it makes a kind of super asperger what is not good :/

They grow and flourish and then return to the source.
Returning to the source is stillness, which is the way of nature

JupiterChild
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Dec 2010, 5:39 pm

Welcome! Not sure about the astrology stuff - but I'm a Leo. :D

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2010, 5:45 pm

Pieces.

I don't think it matters really when it comes to aspergers. Its more about personality traits isn't it?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2010, 6:04 pm

gemini

dont know about my "houses" and "moons" and such.

Imaginate
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Dec 2010, 6:51 pm

Thanks for the responses and the welcome. I understand those who think Astrology is more or less phony and useless. I am a skeptic and initially dismissed it myself. However for me personally, learning the traits and characteristics of the different signs has really helped me to understand people better (for someone with AS, this is truly a blessing). So in that light, studying about the Zodiac has been a good thing.

amanda952
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Dec 2010, 1:25 am

My sun is Virgo, my rising sign is pisces, and my moon sign is leo. I'm been intrested in WP for awhile now and have just decided to join, this is my first post ever. :D Anyway, it's nice to find some other people who also have an appreiciation for astrology. For the longest time astrology has been quite misunderstood. People usually look at sun signs or horoscopes and think that is the only thing to it when actually it is a lot more complex than that. I personally like to use astrology not to predict the future, but to understand people and their personalities. Throughout my life I have always felt different than most people and because of that I developed in astrology which has helped to understand some reasons (besides AS) as to why I am the way I am. Also, I just wanted to add that it feels nice to be able to ramble about something of interest to me and not have to worry about annoying anyone. It would be nice if the real world could be like that too.