Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2010, 11:11 pm

What would you say is the best Christmas present you ever got? That one special gift you will always treasure? :D

As for me, I'm really not sure. However, the TV that I got years ago is high on that list.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2010, 11:51 pm

An SNES and The Lion King game. That was many, many Christmases ago, but man did my siblings and I ever love that game...

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2010, 11:54 pm

I received a book on London for Christmas when I was 13. My mum gave it to me and I still have it. That was my best Christmas. :)

Lace-Bane
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2010, 12:22 am

I got a really nice air rifle when I was 21. It's the equivalent of a .22 rifle, but I asked for a air rifle over the real thing because I have problems with depression and don't need a real gun in my home. It's really nice in weight as it feels about as heavy as a rifle should. It's really sturdy, and I got to shoot fruit off of trees in my backyard when I lived in a house :). It was really fun. I like to pretend I'm some sort of marksmen... although I'm not that bad of a shot... I could be lots better. It shot pellets and not BBs so it was pretty accurate at medium range. I never figured out how to install the scope thing so that's why I say medium range. It's hard to take long shots with iron sights :(

I can't use it now though :(. I've got no back yard (Apartment living) and I'm sure it would get me in trouble if I shot it on the street as it looks like a full blown real rifle :?. I'm sure it wouldn't be safe to shoot anywhere where I live right now :(

It was very fun to have when I was able to shoot it though. It added shooting things to my list of things I could do in my imaginary world :D

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2010, 12:31 am

I know for sure that I'm getting a computer scanner this Christmas, so I suppose that could be considered the best Christmas present I'm going to receive and that I will probably ever receive. :lol:

Squirrelrat
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Dec 2010, 12:54 am

Of all the Christmas presents I've ever gotten, including high tech stuff, the best Christmas present I've ever received was a simple hand puppet dog named Ralph. He was my imaginary friend for most of my early childhood.

nthach
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2010, 3:07 am

My MacBook.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

09 Dec 2010, 6:20 am

IdahoRose wrote:
An SNES and The Lion King game. That was many, many Christmases ago, but man did my siblings and I ever love that game...

I got an SNES when I was little for X`mas. Had a lot of fun with that & some of the games I had got other Christmases after that like Donkey Kong :D

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

GrimmRomance
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Dec 2010, 7:20 am

I don't remember a lot of the presents I've gotten. But last year I had an amazing Christmas, I was happy, I loved the singing. A happy Christmas. That's gotta be the best present ever. :]

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2010, 2:18 am

nick007 wrote:
IdahoRose wrote:

I got an SNES when I was little for X`mas. Had a lot of fun with that & some of the games I had got other Christmases after that like Donkey Kong :D

Oh yeah, I loved the Donkey Kong Country games as well! The music was outstanding, and the graphics were very advanced for their time.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2010, 12:52 pm

For all the fans of the old games for SNES: :D http://snessy.com/

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2010, 9:35 pm

Irulan wrote:
For all the fans of the old games for SNES: :D http://snessy.com/

Thanks! What an awesome trip down Memory Lane! :D

Taupey
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2010, 11:07 pm

When I was 5 years old, I received a cowgirl outfit with a hat, holsters and guns . I was fascinated with Calamity Jane. I wanted to be her when I grew up. I also received a doll named Janie (which had nothing to do with Calamity Jane) that became my constant companion. That was a wonderful Christmas. :santa:

Your Aspie score: 167 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 35 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie.

Silhouette-Song
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Dec 2010, 12:17 am

A giant teddy bear that my brother gave me. I still sleep with him every day and make sure I bring him on trips. My bear comforts me and I love him :D

Foxx
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Dec 2010, 7:17 am

The Sega Master System I got for christmas when I was 5... it has given me many good hours of fun through the years... at least until I was 10 when it was put in a box in the attic... I found it again a few months ago and it still works.

It needed a new PSU, but apart from that it still works for the most part. It has problems detecting games though, but I suspect that the cartridge contacts need a good cleaning.

Today it stands proudly together with my C64 and PS2, and still gets used whenever I feel nostalgic :D