Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

black_legion
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Dec 2010, 6:50 am

I had turned on my machine yesterday, to find that it had been caught in a restart loop, so when it hit the XP loading screen the blue screen of death flashed for less than a second and then it restarted again, i have Tried CMOS Resetting and Changing my BIOS settings to no avail i then esorted to a complete hardrive format, and then booting xp from the disk so i have been trying that and before i hit 47% i end up with over 30 Corrupted files on the disk, it's an offical microsoft disk, but i have no idea what in the hell i can do about this should i try another harddrive Xp disk or another OS?

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2010, 8:33 am

black_legion wrote:
I had turned on my machine yesterday, to find that it had been caught in a restart loop, so when it hit the XP loading screen the blue screen of death flashed for less than a second and then it restarted again, i have Tried CMOS Resetting and Changing my BIOS settings to no avail i then esorted to a complete hardrive format, and then booting xp from the disk so i have been trying that and before i hit 47% i end up with over 30 Corrupted files on the disk, it's an offical microsoft disk, but i have no idea what in the hell i can do about this should i try another harddrive Xp disk or another OS?

Sounds like bad RAM.

Get to another PC, download Memtester. Install it to a bootable item (disk or CD). Boot the problem PC and run it. If your RAM tests okay, it could be a bad virus infection. Bad RAM will corrupt data files over time, and make a machine impossible to boot up. Reinstalling an OS with bad RAM is pointless because files will be corrupted during the install.

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2010, 8:38 am

zer0netgain wrote:
If your RAM tests okay, it could be a bad virus infection ...

... and if so, you will need to actually wipe the drive clean. Re-formatting is not always enough.

black_legion
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Dec 2010, 4:38 am

Thanks, guys please don't post here anymore i'm having no issues with my PC now, my parents managed to fix it while i was out at college.

Ankit
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Dec 2010, 3:59 pm

upgrade to windows 7