Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2010, 4:40 am

Ehhh... just me thinking again when I can't sleep well.

My childhood evaluations (I might post one later) tells the tale of a child that has symptoms that fall in the AS and ADHD range.

Under AS, I had meltdowns, social skills problems bad enough I had lots of training and other interventions, and obsessive interest in science/birds.

Under ADHD, I had extreme hyperactivity, impulsiveness, and not able to concentrate (though I could learn academically)

But currently I have a mix of Schizophrenia and Bipolar, docs thinks this is what I had as a kid too. I wasn't psychotic as a kid, but what if childhood bipolar was resembling ADHD, and schiz was giving me some autism-like symptoms?

I had one therapist that thought I was still having some AS/ADHD problems, but other than that, most don't think so.

Basically, is it even possible to tell...

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2010, 8:33 am

My parents were told I was phycotic and that I couldn't seperate fantasy from reality. If I was a kid today, I would have been diagnosed with Intermitent Expolisve Disorder and bi polar. I probably do have bi polar but my last phycatrist wouldn't give me the label becuase I don't have the hyper sex drive and he didn't want me to have the stigma of being a person with bipolar. I had mood swings as a baby. My parents say autsim can't be my sole diagnosis because I was so "mean" and agressive as a child. I didn't learn to speak until I was about four and STILL have trouble getting my words out so I wonder if the agression was just a result of frustration. The "mood swings" could have been meltdowns as a result of sounds or sensations most people weren't aware of.