Where did you get your taste in men/women?

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2010, 5:59 pm

Sumeria

sgrannel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2010, 8:24 pm

Xeno wrote:
sgrannel wrote:
Many women who bleach their hair do drugs and never have kids because they're depressed and unhealthy, including Debbie Harry and Marylin Monroe

Pffft... I'm not a fan of drugs, but if anyone knows a really good way to spot women who don't want kids, PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

However, even if you are not planning to have kids, or are planning to not have kids, the attraction you will feel for your eventual wife will be biologically based on her health and ability to bear children. Good health can only help for any other purpose including attraction.

Drugs are bad because they're expensive and this expense takes away from spending on food, paying off the house or getting a better car. Her druggie friends may burglarize the house, and she may catch a disease and in turn make you sick. Smoking and promiscuity are a particularly nasty combo because she may become infected with HPV, and the smoking may keep her immune system from fighting the virus, which infects more and more tissue and can severely disfigure, in addition to making you sick. And so on.

I don't mean to seem inappropriately biased against women who bleach their hair, but it occurred to me that I am in fact personally acquainted with a few who do this and they fit the stereotype of unhealthy habits, in addition to knowledge about the aforementioned celebrities. I wonder if the hair bleaching might be one of those unwritten social cues or a cultural thing that women may display to nonverbally signal their participation in unhealthy habits. Why would they want to advertise this?

But a dog knows his boy can go wrong

Hector
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2010, 8:45 pm

I'm not sure I can pin down a particular taste here, so I can't say much here. That said, I've had crushes on people who reminded me of women I remembered as being kind or particularly friendly to me, even if I wasn't attracted to the women they reminded me of.

astaut
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2010, 7:04 am

There were always some certain characteristic I knew I wanted in a partner, like honesty. And the other things I've learned are important to me have come from experience. From dating different kinds of people and not restricting myself to a certain "type", I'm starting to figure out whether I can date someone with different beliefs than I have and stuff like that. That kind of stuff is kind of hard to predict without experiencing it, and often it depends on the person you're with.

Shebakoby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2010, 3:54 am

I don't even know what it is, so I don't know where I got it. I don't even know if i had it.

bewarethebob
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2010, 4:25 am

gotta say artists and gamer girls. intresting and akward folk.

I got it after seeing so many mundane people, it was a turn off....so i really need to know the pwople

DaWalker
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2010, 4:36 am

Beyond the zipper.