Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Adamantus
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Dec 2010, 2:48 pm

Something really amazing just happened. I don't know whether it's the EFT or something else but everything seems to make sense with people. About a month ago I decided to stop looking for good and bad in people (m. I've also made a new-years resolution to not criticise the tv, I didn't realise I was doing it. So I've become less negative, disolved my old bad memories and all of a sudden people seem less threatening. I didn't know about this. I've just been browsing through facebook and where before I just saw maliciousness, scary faces, they just seem pretty normal now. It's very strange but I just had to post because this is really significant. Over the past week I've found myself becoming more normal somehow and less affraid, hope it lasts. I hope this information is helpful to you somehow, but don't know how.

Quote:
"As soon as you concern yourself with the 'good' and 'bad' of your fellows, you create an opening in your heart for maliciousness to enter. Testing, competing with, and criticizing others weaken and defeat you." - Morihei Ueshiba

alexptrans
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2010, 3:12 pm

Indeed, that is worth remembering. I've added the quote to my collection. Thanks.

moshalas
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 Dec 2010, 3:19 pm

That happened to me a few months after turning 19. I was in the kitchen and I had this major seizure involving some kind of imaginary object for a few minutes. When my mother asked me what is happening, I suddenly say "nothing, I don't understand". She says "Ok." And then I started getting into a chatty mood with her and we were having a laugh for a while. When I went back to doing what I usually would, things would seem irrelevant and I'm always interested in new acitivities and ideas, possibly outside of my existing culture.

I can't say I feel normal at the moment. I still see psychedelic patterns in music, numbers and words that have been there since I was a child. My communication has improved and I can easily establish a cover identity in this economy. My AQ is 16, which had significantly decreased compared to the original value. I consider my autism to be partial, now that both sides of life combine together to create a wonderful journey which they call life.

As crazy as this may sound, I'm believing every word of what I say. I have found the answers to my questions and all that remains is to live every second of my remaining present lifetime.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2010, 3:35 pm

Adamantus wrote:
About a month ago I decided to stop looking for good and bad in people (m. I've also made a new-years resolution to not criticise the tv, I didn't realise I was doing it. So I've become less negative, disolved my old bad memories and all of a sudden people seem less threatening. I didn't know about this.

You have rediscovered a teaching that is often expressed by many oriental philosophers. Your life becomes happier when you cease analysing others and measuring them up as good, bad or indifferent or comparing yourself to others and evaluating yourself as better, worse, richer, poorer, more successful, less successful your life becomes happier. Just be yourself - and find out what it means "to be yourself". :D

jagatai
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2010, 4:47 pm

I had a similar experience when I moved out on my own. My mother has a habit of looking for and listing the flaws in everyone she knows. (She's a pretty decent person otherwise, but this is a particularly annoying habit) While I lived at home, I did very much the same thing. But when I moved out on my own and got away from some of these daily habits, I started to think, "is this the kind of friend I want to be? One who looks for all the flaws in everyone he knows."

I started to actively fight against the habit of running others down and made an effort to look for what was praiseworthy in them. The result was that I was much happier with people and I think both my sense of self and my relationships with others has improved.

It doesn't solve all my problems, but it's a step in the right direction.