Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

dwoolridge
Toucan
Toucan

16 Dec 2010, 11:54 pm

I would say it all depends on the person but i think that girls are better freinds than guys

juxtaphoz
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Dec 2010, 12:02 am

It is easier for me to be friends with guys...although it hurts not having close girlfriends. I have never been able to do the "girly girl" thing and as I get older (I'm 27) I feel very out of the loop, even with female coworkers & family members.

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2010, 6:13 am

Males have much less drama and they offer more constructive solutions if you have a problem - in my experience anyway.

Kiran
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Dec 2010, 7:23 am

i really don't like hanging out with women, they are often, in my experience, more judgmental than guys and just assume you're ret*d if you don't fit the stereotype for what a woman is supposed to be like. Even more annoying: they try their hardest to fix you into being ''normal''. Also they are incredebly boring. I really wish i had some guy friends... :(

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2010, 6:35 pm

Kiran wrote:
i really don't like hanging out with women, they are often, in my experience, more judgmental than guys and just assume you're ret*d if you don't fit the stereotype for what a woman is supposed to be like. Even more annoying: they try their hardest to fix you into being ''normal''. Also they are incredebly boring. I really wish i had some guy friends... :(

I don't really think it's possible to make generalizations that men are this and women are that. Having said that, I tend to agree with you. With some women, there is a lot of pressure to conform, especially when it's a group of women.

menintights
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2010, 11:28 pm

Oh, don't get me started.

NadineWolfe
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Dec 2010, 7:21 am

Not if they are always going to think of you as female first and person second ><

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2010, 5:09 pm

I know so many guys that I know they don't differ much in general from girls. Both genders are capable of being bitchy, nasty, gossipy and rude.

You just have to find the good ones.

Adrien

19 Dec 2010, 7:10 pm

Neither is "better".

They're just different. Generally, guys will be more straightforward and solution-oriented, but women will be more intimate and supportive.

But it depends on the person, since you won't have 100000 friends to generalize about.

Just make friends! The more the merrier!

Alepmm

27 Dec 2010, 12:09 am

Women are b*****s more commonly than guys are...espcially to other women!

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2010, 1:56 am

what is this 'friends' that you speak of?

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2010, 4:02 am

Alepmm wrote:
Women are b*****s more commonly than guys are...espcially to other women!

err.. not really.

You can tell if you are likable if people of the same sex like you tbh. Often the opposite sex is looking at you as something they wouldn't mind to screw or date, not the person you are.

Going by that logic.. I guess i'm sort of likable... sometimes :oops:

Greatsharkbite
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2010, 10:25 am

Kinda weird being in the womans discussion but I wanted to post.

I think girls are better "friends" than guys. But it depends on the person, guys are generally competitive as friends, but (From my experiences only) tend to be more open to things like violent video games, sports, etc. If I tried to show a girl a grand theft auto game, they'd either be intrigued for a few minutes or seriously disgusted because there are prostitutes, drug dealing and cop killing in the game.

Girls are better listeners, and on average won't throw in a "Dude, your moms hot" in a serious conversation. Not saying men can't listen, but guys are more likely to listen to women than other guys in the first place, they're raised to be strong and emotionally independent yet to be polite and nice to girls.

Guys generally have to 1 up each other in their friendships which is kind of a drain if they say something offensive. Which for some is part of the fun.

Girls on the other hand are generally more boring or laid back as friends if they fit the stereotype of only talking about clothes, fashion, make up, gossip and one tree hill, at least on the surface. But they can be more passionate, and are open to deeper and more mature discussions on average.

(Not saying every girl is like this)

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2010, 2:52 pm

i like being friends with people, basically.

my best friends are not a certain gender. my most emotionally supportive friend is a male, but my closest female friend gives me advice quite bluntly and practically. i value both of these friends a lot. the rest of my friends and acquaintances are mixed genders. i try not to assume that they will act a certain way or be a better or worse friend because of the body parts they were born with.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2010, 11:39 pm

I find that people of both genders make good friends. There is no one gender that's better than the other.