Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

If a women chooses to abort a developing life form tested with autism?
It Makes Her Bad. 37%  37%  [ 14 ]
That is her private choice. 63%  63%  [ 24 ]
Total votes : 38

ci
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2010, 2:12 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoVs7H0Hfwo[/youtube]

I have spent a great amount of hours outlining the fundamental causals to autism social issues and in connection with the culture around us. One thing the Autism Self-Advocacy Network (ASAN) did wrong was enter into the politics of a womens body. They claim to be THE Autism Self-Advocacy Network just like Autism Speaks can be defined as speaking in terminology for those with autism. Both organization in this political bull have derived attention by means of adversity which is Public Relations 101. I have different ethics and achieve high awareness where I live for disability issues that has become extraordinarily saturated in the local population. So I am not envious with Ari as I was happy for him despite never hearing of him before his appointment to the government position.

Ari and ASAN has chosen abortion issues yet claims it has not when it has. I am putting my foot down and saying people with autism don't necessary want to evade the rights of women, their right to know or their ability to choose. Those that with strife, arrogance and political oppression seek to silence the opinions of those with autism that disagree I will help to politically protect with some social strategy. I am investing some money into just to prevent social bullying as I understand the social-psychology and feel morally obligated to with my extra funding assure the social protection of opinion.

I understand near entirely the pride movement which I never entirely agreed with even before the abortion issue, the autism abortion issues, the mainstream political dynamics and will be writing a short analytics book about it which will be free online. However Ari is now positioned himself politically and the ASAN business is no longer a viable means of improvement and sociologically once you enter into these politics your ethically compromised on other issues on a deeply psychosocial level. Therefore unlike my initial desire to but had forgotten to my organization which is fiscally well and growing for autism and developmental disability employment will have nothing to do with ASAN or organization endorsing ASAN or organizations endorsing or opposing selective abortion within context to autism and or developmental disabilities. That's how politics work and the free market place and for those my organization supports in employment having nothing to do with it other then the study of it is best.

Zur-Darkstar
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Dec 2010, 11:35 am

Thank you for making a poll that frames the issue in this way. I think that it's very important people consider all aspects of a problem, and we can't wade into this one without getting into issues of freedom and personal choice. Framing the issue this way may produce a different result than the others. Often, the way a question is presented can have a profound impact on the answers given.

Your polls have stimulated a lot of thought and debate on this issue. There was a thread somewhere about the quality of arguments being better on this board than others, and the debate over this issue has convinced me that it is. Abortion is, easily, one of the most emotional and controversial topics in America, and we haven't had a thread locked yet. I think it's a great thing when people can debate issues without name-calling and viciousness.

ci
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2010, 1:15 pm

This topic is really funny..

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt146162.html

Volodja
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2010, 2:18 pm

Women should be able to get abortions for whatver reason they want. No one else's business

ci
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2010, 4:57 pm

Half baked biased thoughts to support a view seem to be the premise of the propaganda in differing facets in root causals. I am very happy to see people on average will mostly not emotionally attack women. Now for the next step the image of autism will be studied and outlined with the abortion politic in comparison to the self-image \ self-esteem complex. How bias exists and what is the ethical standard for quality of life and cultural reasons in comparison to preventive selective abortion socio-political methodologies in advocacy.

This evening another post.

Nathan Young

Autism Self-Advocate & Media Consultant

1-888-241-6856

glamourdollxoxo
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Dec 2010, 12:03 am

I'm pro choice which is something I won't apologize for women have the right to choose what to do with their body.

ci
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2010, 12:13 am

glamourdollxoxo wrote:
I'm pro choice which is something I won't apologize for women have the right to choose what to do with their body.

My mind is whatever the law is I have to follow. So if a women has reproduction with me and does not want the baby then I cannot do anything about it. However if she wants a baby then is not sure and I want a baby I can say things like I want a baby. Ultimately it's up to her as baby's don't come from my bottom.

Zolikan
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Dec 2010, 5:07 am

I voted that is makes her a bad person, but that's not the whole truth alone.

I have no quarrels about abortion in general. If you are young, in education and get pregnant unplanned, sure you should have an abortion if you want. If the fetus is tested and it shows that the child will be immensely underdeveloped and it's not likely that it will have a good life in any way, abortion is the right thing.

But seriously: If the test just shows that it's autism, that the child will have only one arm or other things that in this case is a triviality, why take an abortion? Because everybody must be normal in this world?

ci
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2011, 9:02 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNhdYC_wfHc[/youtube]

This issue is more then political with regard to just abortion. The cost of autism and I know I cost allot of money is a strain. However culturally and societally inclusion and the assistance with self-sufficiency cannot be held as an indifferent reality toward the abortion issue. Autism has in some social discourse been described as a potential national security concern. It comes down to the probability of costing more money and the probability of being productive to pay into the system. This seems hateful perhaps and without appropriate adaption in society for inclusion progressively as a society it is certainly not the fault of individuals born with a substantial disability. Now some may argue forms of autism are not substantial and the autism type of people is diverse. I do not know when fiction begins and facts begin to this because of all the politics and moral anguishes.

Arminius
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Jan 2011, 2:19 am

As a pro-choice woman, I think telling women what to do with their bodies is wrong. On the other hand, I also think not giving someone a chance at life for no reason besides autism is wrong.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2011, 8:31 am

I think that hate against autistics would be a more accurate description, here.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2011, 8:36 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
I think that hate against autistics would be a more accurate description, here.

+1

Also, why start yet another thread on the same topic, OP?

ci
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2011, 9:31 am

The problem is not that straight forward. Without critical thinking we have the unfortunate issue of people thinking others are Nazi's, persecuted and blind confrontation on mainstream social issues. If you think outside the box I sware the box won't become Hitler!

Nathan Young

jamesongerbil
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2011, 6:23 pm

I am ok with abortion. I just don't believe in aborting people with livable disabilities, like autism, or Down Syndrome, or Cystic Fibrosis. There is no saying what the kid will do in their lifetime.

ci
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2011, 6:31 pm

Selective abortion is a cultural \ societal issue as well. It's a judgement saying for these differences you are not welcome to be part of the world. This is not the fault of a women as the women has fallen victim of cultural judgement in part (indirectly) as well. I'd say it is a more macro issue then a micro personal issue of abortion. Don't blame the women it is the wrong move in advocacy and pay attention to this self-advocates.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

03 Jan 2011, 7:35 pm

As far as I know, ASAN doesn't attack women for choosing to have abortions. This issue isn't about controlling whether women can have abortions. It's about cultural expectations that the only lives worth living are those lived by people who don't have disabilities.

This is why ASAN is against earlier and earlier identification as opposed to funding more services and support for families with autistic children.

Constantly making it about women's right to an abortion is a sidetrack.

I am a woman and absolutely pro-choice. I do not find any conflict between this and the above. I am not a member of ASAN, either.

Also, while trying to paint ASAN as anti-woman, I think it's fair to point out that something like half the ASAN chapters are run by women.