Fox boss ordered staff to cast doubt on climate science

Page 11 of 14 [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2011, 1:49 pm

marshall wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
I'm not bothering because I already proved Factcheck.org had credibility issues on this board, if people aren't going to bother to read what I had written before, I'm not going to waste my time repeating myself.

Listen here. IT TAKES TWO TO PLAY BALL. You expect me to bend over backwards to "prove" your myriad of right-wing blog-sphere opinion sources wrong, yet you outright refuse to read a single article I post. Explain to me how this is fair? HOW ARE YOU BEING FAIR?

You are using a site that is known for far left bias and is tied to an unrepentant domestic terrorist as a source, and you expect me to take it seriously?

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.h ... weathermen

Oh this is the same article that caused the mainstream media to be skitish for a while due to public anger.

marshall wrote:
I even did your work for you. I gave you a link to the complete archive of climate-gate emails so you can find the all the incriminating evidence you need and present it to me. Yet you aren't even going to do that. All you ever do is stall and change the subject.

You gave me a link to a few thousand e-mails and said there is the proof that Fox News took stuff out of context. I'm not wasting my time to go through a few thousand e-mails cause your proof "may" be in there.

number5
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2011, 2:19 pm

Three separate and independent reviews of the "climategate" incident have taken place and the scientists were exonerated.

http://www.uea.ac.uk/mac/comm/media/press/CRUstatements/independentreviews

Additionally, Penn State did a review. "The review cleared Mann of charges that he falsified climate change data, manipulated that data, improperly refused to share his research data and--generally behaved badly by trying to discredit other researchers' work."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20009501-503544.html

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2011, 3:26 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
marshall wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
I'm not bothering because I already proved Factcheck.org had credibility issues on this board, if people aren't going to bother to read what I had written before, I'm not going to waste my time repeating myself.

Listen here. IT TAKES TWO TO PLAY BALL. You expect me to bend over backwards to "prove" your myriad of right-wing blog-sphere opinion sources wrong, yet you outright refuse to read a single article I post. Explain to me how this is fair? HOW ARE YOU BEING FAIR?

You are using a site that is known for far left bias and is tied to an unrepentant domestic terrorist as a source, and you expect me to take it seriously?

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.h ... weathermen

Oh this is the same article that caused the mainstream media to be skitish for a while due to public anger.
in there.

Bill Ayers has absolutely nothing to do with the facts contained within the article I linked. Now quit changing the subject with far-fetched nonsense. Pretty much every article you post has an extreme right-wing bias, yet I am willing to read and refute them. You can read one article I post. You are merely being stubborn.
Inuyasha wrote:
marshall wrote:
I even did your work for you. I gave you a link to the complete archive of climate-gate emails so you can find the all the incriminating evidence you need and present it to me. Yet you aren't even going to do that. All you ever do is stall and change the subject.

You gave me a link to a few thousand e-mails and said there is the proof that Fox News took stuff out of context. I'm not wasting my time to go through a few thousand e-mails cause your proof "may" be in there.

I don't have to prove they are taken out of context. They quotes are, by definition, out of context because the full content of the emails containing the quotes isn't referenced. You are the one who needs to show the incriminating evidence since you are the one making the claims. If I claimed that you broke into my house last night you will bloody damn well demand that I provide evidence to back my claim up. This is no different.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2011, 10:06 pm

number5 wrote:
Three separate and independent reviews of the "climategate" incident have taken place and the scientists were exonerated.

http://www.uea.ac.uk/mac/comm/media/press/CRUstatements/independentreviews

Additionally, Penn State did a review. "The review cleared Mann of charges that he falsified climate change data, manipulated that data, improperly refused to share his research data and--generally behaved badly by trying to discredit other researchers' work."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20009501-503544.html

Yeah I'm sure that they could go through a few thousand e-mails in 24 hrs.

However, lawmakers stressed that their report -- which was written after only a single day of oral testimony -- did not cover all the issues and would not be as in-depth as the two other inquiries into the e-mail scandal that are still pending. Phil Willis, the committee's chairman, said the lawmakers had been in a rush to publish something before Britain's next national election, which is widely expected in just over a month's time.

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/03/ ... cientists/

Anyways as you know, the investigators as you have called them have been accused of conducting a white wash.

Furthermore, I would hardly call Penn State's investigation an outside investigation conducted by a neutral party. Which is the investigation you mention in the CBS article.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2011, 12:06 am

Facts have a well-known liberal bias; therefore, inuyasha will not accept facts.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2011, 12:11 am

LKL wrote:
Facts have a well-known liberal bias; therefore, inuyasha will not accept facts.

No, the liberal bias tends to be the result of left wing individuals passing as journalists giving their opinion instead of the facts.

Seriously, Conservatives are not the boogyman you believe them to be.

ikorack
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2011, 12:17 am

LKL wrote:

I hope that was a sorry attempt at humor.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2011, 12:18 am

ikorack wrote:
LKL wrote:

Sad part is, I don't think it was an attempt at humor.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2011, 12:29 am

Inuyasha wrote:
LKL wrote:

No, the liberal bias tends to be the result of left wing individuals passing as journalists giving their opinion instead of the facts.

The problem is according to you everyone who isn't a far-right conservative is another untrustworthy liberal. Why do you cocoon yourself and outright refuse to read anything from ideologically "unapproved" sources? Are you afraid something you read could change your opinion? I prefer to read both sides of an issue before deciding who is correct. If Fox news has a story I will check it out. I'm not afraid to use multiple sources even if they come from ideologically apposing sides.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2011, 12:35 am

marshall wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
LKL wrote:

The problem is according to you everyone who isn't a far-right conservative is another untrustworthy liberal. Why do you cocoon yourself and outright refuse to read anything from ideologically "unapproved" sources? Are you afraid something you read could change your opinion? I prefer to read both sides of an issue before deciding who is correct. If Fox news has a story I will check it out. I'm not afraid to use multiple sources even if they come from ideologically apposing sides.

Explain to me why I should believe a news agency whose journalists were talking about trying to paint a Republican Senate Candidate as a pedophile?

Explain to me why I should believe a news agency that used phony documents to try to smear President George W. Bush in the 2004 election.

Explain to me why I should believe any outlet that kept on reporters that were tied to Journ'O'list.

I actually used to like to listen to MSNBC, NBC, CNN, etc. They lost my trust, due to their own behavior. Fox News managed to earn my trust, but if they end up going down the road the other outlets did, they will lose my trust.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2011, 12:51 am

Oops. Looks like I just shot the credibility of Fox News through the heart.

http://ceasespin.org/ceasespin_blog/ceasespin_blogger_files/fox_news_gets_okay_to_misinform_public.html

It looks like the network fired a reporter for refusing to air a story that was proven false.

There's also this...

http://www.noob.us/miscellaneous/fox-news-exposed-by-employees/

You better add Fox News to your list.

Now can we get back on topic. :roll:

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2011, 1:59 am

{Rove} said that {reporters} were "in what we call the reality-based community," which he defined as people who "believe that solutions emerge from your judicious study of discernible reality." ... "That's not the way the world really works anymore," he continued. "We're an empire now, and when we act, we create our own reality. And while you're studying that reality—judiciously, as you will—we'll act again, creating other new realities, which you can study too, and that's how things will sort out. We're history's actors…and you, all of you, will be left to just study what we do."

As reported by Ron Suskind.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2011, 3:39 am

ikorack wrote:
LKL wrote:

I'm afraid not, it's something "clever" that I want to say Colbert originated that's taken on an unfortunate life of it's own. I say that because it's not only smug and condescending, but reinforces those very stereotypical "liberal" traits, which I'm sure is not something desirable to the people that tend to repeat it. I've learned to avoid attempts at cleverness like the plague, they seldom are as funny as the author thinks and tend to have a high penalty for missing.

ikorack
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2011, 3:42 am

>.<

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2011, 4:54 pm

To quote David Rees,
""East Coast elitist?" f**k it, sure -- is that what you call it? Fine. All I know is I'm from New York City, I can think on my feet, I can actually string two f****n' sentences together without notes, and I could answer some motherf***ers' questions about a war without just spitting out eleven different permutations of the same goddamn "goo-gah boogaloo freedom" phrase! So sue me -- that makes me elitist? Good! If "elitist" just means "not the dumbest Motherf***er in the room," I'll be an elitist! "

Except I would be a West Coast elitist.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2011, 5:21 pm

ikorack wrote:
LKL wrote:

If it was an attempt at humor it was hilarious.

The best kind of humor, it is hilarious because it is true.