Does anyone still love Grand Theft Auto San Andreas ?

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Do you like playing vintage games from 10 to 20 years ago for the child hood memories?
yes 89%  89%  [ 8 ]
no 11%  11%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 9

slaparoundmypeers
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Dec 2010, 6:54 pm

I always loved that game ever since I first played it back in 06. It's fun because you have this virtual playground to play in where you don't always have to do missions. I especially love using cheat codes like the lock wanted level which is O -> O -> <- square triangle up. ( I might be wrong since it's been awhile since I played it ). I also enjoyed the missions, I haven't completed the game yet but have seen my little cousin play it many times when I was bored. But the most fun is getting the police to chase you around San Andreas. I remember that the bigger the crime the more wanted stars you receive. The highest you can get is 6 stars but it takes Forever for you to reach 6 unless you use a cheat code. I usually use it as therapy when I shoot cops and blow people up and steal their money :wink: . But I also noticed that the more you use cheat codes the more the game freezes up where you get this black screen with the message Disc read error Once again I might be off but it's been awhile. People who played it probably remember the warning on the game cover where they display the age rating. The game warns you about how it's pressure sensitive. If you had the habit of putting stuff on top of the game it will get scratched easily and more likely to display the Black Screen Of Death. but it usually only displays from a few seconds to a couple of minutes depending on the condition the disc is in. So I was wondering if anyone on here remembers playing or love the game as much as I do. I know their is a whole series but San Andreas was the best next to GTA4.

IMCarnochan
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 Dec 2010, 6:59 pm

The whole series is a blast, I think San Andreas is one of very few non PS3 games I have wedged into my PS3 to go back to. I am currently dipping my toes into the lost and the damned. Fun games.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2010, 9:12 pm

That's not vintage.

Space Invaders is vintage.

slaparoundmypeers
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Dec 2010, 10:11 pm

Chronos wrote:
That's not vintage.

Space Invaders is vintage.
I never said the game was vintage. I just created the poll for reasons unknown...

Magnus_Rex
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2010, 11:48 pm

I haven't uninstalled it from my PC yet.

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2010, 6:32 am

I'm tempted to give it another go (just sorted through a pile of old game boxes and put it to one side), it was more interesting than GTA 4. The original GTA (the original original, not 3) and Vice City are my favourites.
There were some extremely annoying bits in SA though, like the driving school, the truck hauling missions and those stupid remote control missions. And, er, the story in toto.

The year is still young.

One-Winged-Angel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2010, 8:54 am

I just installed it on my new computer a few days ago and started a new game. Unfortunately, the new computer isn't working properly, so I'll have to wait a few days for a new one.

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2010, 11:59 am

I can't answer the poll question. Twenty years ago, I was married, and in the Air Force. If I want to relive video games from my childhood, I'll need to find someplace with a Pong machine, or maybe Asteroids or Tailgunner (anybody else remember Tailgunner? I had a blast with that one).

Now, mind you, I do enjoy GTA: San Andreas, as well as GTA III, Vice City, and GTA IV (haven't played any of the "Stories" sidegames yet). They just aren't from "my childhood".

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2010, 4:34 pm

GTA: San Andreas was very long, so I never played it again after getting through. It wasn't as long as GTA:IV though...

I think GTA: San Andreas should have a direct sequel since GTA:III, Vice City, and GTA:IV all have one.