Page 4 of 4 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Tawaki
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 10:08 am

I despise the freaking holiday. Actually November (Thanksgiving) and all of December. If I could moved to Israel or some other non Christian country for those two months, I would.

Not a Christian, and where I live, I'm surround by expats from Indian, Pakistan and the Middle East. Nary a Baby Jesus display, Santa Claus, or other tacky X Mess displays. Makes my life tolerable.

Big pet peeve. Work related parties and cookie exchanges. Gotta do them to be social, but if that all went away, you wouldn't see me boo hooing.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 11:05 am

I might like Christmas better if it was in the summer. It's easier to go shopping in the hot weather, and it'd be nice to get up early on Christmas day and opening our presents outside on the dry, mowed lawn. :D

dontslowmedown
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 11:22 am

I dread all of the big holidays. Especially christmas, new year and my birthday which is near christmas.

Reminds me of a line in eternal sunshine of the spotless mind.

Quote:
Joel: [voice over] random thoughts for Valentine's day, 2004. Today is a holiday invented by greeting card companies to make people feel like crap.

I first watched eternal sunshine on 14th of feb 2005, just about the time my life was going into freefall. As you can imagine, that line hit hard. Christmas is like a cluster of valentines days for the way it makes me feel.

Madbones
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 12:52 pm

I don't dread Xmas. I do like it. Its not the best when im feeling ill though. It is sometimes too much.

Freak-Z
Toucan
Toucan

24 Dec 2016, 12:33 pm

Nope love it. Way less annoying negative and cynical people. Does that make me uncool here?

fourcandles
Raven
Raven

24 Dec 2016, 1:12 pm

I don't dread Christmas. I just try to ignore it until it goes away. Alcohol helps.

idonthaveanickname
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Dec 2016, 2:47 pm

Yes, I do dread Christmas. It's the worst time of year for me when my depression is at it's worst. When someone tells me "Merry Christmas" I say "Bah Humbug!"

darkinhere
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Dec 2016, 3:34 pm

markko wrote:
I find it very hard to say, "Merry Christmas," to people. In addition, I always have had trouble addressing people using their name. Therefore, me saying, "Merry Christmas, Bob," without a ton of anxiety is out of the question.

Me too. I don't think I've wished anyone a "Merry Christmas" at all this year... my usual response is "you too".

voidofcontext
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Dec 2016, 3:54 pm

I am largely alone this Christmas. My wife is working mid-afternoon until some silly time in the morning and I don't know anyone in the area. I feel isolated most of the time as it is, but recently it is much worse and this week (coinciding with receiving my diagnosis) it feels all the more profound.

Generally speaking, I have always hated Christmas with my family. But in being able to spend it with my wife the last few years, we have built a nice, calm atmosphere between the two of us. Not so much this year.

Dave_T
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Dec 2016, 4:11 pm

my family went away on friday and will be back on tuesday.

bliss.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 144 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 66 of 200

Rocket123
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2016, 4:40 pm

I am glad when it is over.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2016, 4:54 pm

I can take it or leave it really. It's just my daughter and myself so we do more or less the same as what we would do any other day of the year, except with wine and chocolates.

Fraser_1990
Toucan
Toucan

24 Dec 2016, 5:04 pm

Can't stand Christmas to be honest. It's nothing more than a corporate cash in. If it wasn't beneficial to big business, it would probably be outlawed.

In any case, Christmas seems to be becoming less and less popular here year on year. There are less and less decorations in the streets and less and less people are talking about it.

It's a dead tradition.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2016, 5:09 pm

Bah f****n humbug!! !