Poor emotional-social quotient/ability/intelligence?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Kon
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2010, 10:23 pm

This is a major difficulty with me. I'm very poor at it. In your opinion do you think this is more a symptom of Asperger's or social anxiety disorder or both?

"According to this model, emotional-social intelligence is a cross section of interrelated emotional and social competencies, skills and facilitators that determine how effectively we understand and express ourselves, understand others and relate with them, and cope with daily demands. The emotional and social competencies, skills and facilitators referred in this conceptualization include the five key components described above; and each of these components comprises a number of closely related competencies, skills and facilitators which are described in the Appendix. Consistent with this model, to be emotionally and socially intelligent is to effectively understand and express oneself, to understand and relate well with others, and to successfully cope with daily demands, challenges and pressures. This is based, first and foremost, on one’s intrapersonal ability to be aware of oneself, to understand one’s strengths and weaknesses, and to express one’s feelings and thoughts non-destructively. On the interpersonal level, being emotionally and socially intelligent encompasses the ability to be aware of others’ emotions, feelings and needs, and to establish and maintain cooperative, constructive and mutually satisfying relationships."

http://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emo ... telligence
www.6seconds.org/pdf/Bar-On_ESI.pdf

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2010, 10:30 pm

Social-emotional intelligence seem to include a lot of things aspies are bad at.

BottleCap
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2010, 10:42 pm

I remember taking a test around.... 14 months ago and I got wan extremely low score for emotional intelligence. My answers could;ve been more accurate, but I'm pretty sure the test was accurate.., it had 120 questions though. O_o ( I think it did, had a lot anyway)