Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Malisha
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

28 Dec 2010, 3:13 pm

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/193527 ... RC9Q93EDWT

this book has gotten rave reviews from most of my Aspie and Autie acquaintances. It's also very positive, i.e. "You have advantages in a competitive job market" as opposed to "maybe you can overcome your limitations" kind of attitude.
It's about how to play to your strengths.

As for interpersonal relationships, working on your communication skills is key. While not innate, and something you'll always have problems with, social skills can be learned like a second language, or like being in a play. Turn the front of your body toward your loved ones. Practice "putting emotion" in your voice. Touch them on the hands and arms. They'll appreciate it. They will know better that you love them.
I myself spent a long time talking and making facial expression at the mirror, or even better, filming myself doing so.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2010, 3:30 pm

emjay89 wrote:
um....League Girl
you do know a normal pregnancy term is 36 weeks?

but i digress
i got jobs after an interview. but i spent time over time over time practising with people so i knew what i was in for and what to do and what not to do

I was due December 29th. A baby isn't full term until 37 weeks but I got told by my community nurse not all babies are full term at 37 weeks because every baby is different. But here, the doctors don't consider 39 weeks early. My mom says my little brother was early because she got induced at 39 weeks due to back problems.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

bookworm285
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Dec 2010, 4:03 pm

I have the same problem. Actually I've had several jobs, but never seemed to be able to keep them long-term, despite having a Master's degree in Business. I often got told I was too quite at business lunches. And I was never able to work at my true ability...

I currently unemployed. I'd love to work from home.

slikk03
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Jan 2011, 6:11 pm

Kon wrote:
slikk03 wrote:
i have a mild drug problem and bad anxiety. thats why i am on some drugs, i meen i am addicted to valuim from the docter and weed if you call that a drug.

I was dependent on anti-anxiety medication also. Do you find it helps with sensory issues?
no all it does is let my brain relax from more less ocd tpy anxiety aka intrusive thoughts, it does not help with aspergers. i have moderate sensory issues to smell and touch, example i can not have things on my ears and can not were certain clothing thats thick around my chest or were thick pants. i can deal with the bluejeans but not the earplugs. as far as the drugs go ....they do help alot with intrusive anxiety but not socail anxiety or performance anxiety

slikk03
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Jan 2011, 6:20 pm

Malisha wrote:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1935274090/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_2?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=1931282560&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1G6EHSF28JRC9Q93EDWT

this book has gotten rave reviews from most of my Aspie and Autie acquaintances. It's also very positive, i.e. "You have advantages in a competitive job market" as opposed to "maybe you can overcome your limitations" kind of attitude.
It's about how to play to your strengths.

As for interpersonal relationships, working on your communication skills is key. While not innate, and something you'll always have problems with, social skills can be learned like a second language, or like being in a play. Turn the front of your body toward your loved ones. Practice "putting emotion" in your voice. Touch them on the hands and arms. They'll appreciate it. They will know better that you love them.
I myself spent a long time talking and making facial expression at the mirror, or even better, filming myself doing so.
i try to do that but i get very nervous and feel fake