Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2010, 10:16 pm

I think i might have AS but could you perhaps give me advice on how i can cope in socal siatuations? the problem is that me trying to conform and start conversations with people just creates more stress for me esspeically if NTs do not respond to me which is often the case.

Do you think i am best of just going with the flow and keeping quiet in social settings and only speak when spoken to????? Whenver I do speak i think i just piss off some of my NT friends.

Wallourdes
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2010, 10:31 pm

It's too little information to really get a clear picture of your social situations.

Staying quite isn't making conversation, just try and look what works and what doesn't - write your experiences down and think about it.
Ask if your friends are really pissed-off about your behaviour.
Get some basic social and communication trainings.
Find out why those people aren't responding to you, asking clarifies atleast a bit.

Cheerfully,
Wallourdes

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2010, 10:42 pm

Well 2 of my friends (one having ADHD) and the other dyslexia i get along with like a house fire. 2 other of my friends who are full blown NTs are difficult to communicate with to say the least. there the closed minded type of NTs who set silly social rules and use body langauge when it is not neccessary, similar to how my mother and my younger brother behave. my farther who shows some slightly traits of aspergers predictably enough i find easier to communicate with him a lot of the time asposed to my mum and my brother.

i don't always understand some NTs though becasue when i try and talk to them they just stay silent sometimes and do not respond when i ask them questions. its really annoying when they do that :evil:

Wallourdes
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2010, 11:05 pm

Ask them to clarify because you really don't understand.
This gives some position of power to them, in which most are more willing to explain why.

I can guarantee you this is going to take a while before you have figured the logic out, but it's there to some extent.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2010, 11:13 pm

thanks for the advice :)

Wallourdes
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2010, 11:16 pm

Jamesy wrote:
thanks for the advice :)

Your welcome :)