Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

ScottF
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2010, 4:58 am

Ok I will get right to the point. I have a Dynex DX-E402 wired router that will not work. The thing worked before I moved. After I got everything reconnected, it will not function. It is currently plugged in, and all the lights are solid except for the system light. I have tried resetting the router, but nothing.

This happened once with another companies router when I replaced my old computer with the one I am currently using. Any advice?

Woodpecker
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2010, 8:23 am

I also have router trouble, my ZyXEL and D+Link routers will not talk to the board band modem, the PC will talk to the outside world but the outside world will not talk to my routers. I have tried resetting both the routers and trying both, but the internet will not talk to my routers via the broad band modem. Has anyone had this happen to them before ?

Diagnosed under the DSM5 rules with autism spectrum disorder, under DSM4 psychologist said would have been AS (299.80) but I suspect that I am somewhere between 299.80 and 299.00 (Autism) under DSM4.

kc8ufv
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2010, 12:24 pm

Is the system light blinking? According to the manual for that router, that indicates the router is functioning. If it is, is it assigning IP addresses?

jedaustin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Dec 2010, 12:27 pm

Woodpecker; you may have to mac address spoof on the router if the modem is 'married' to the pc; or call your ISP and have them flush the arp cache and reset the modem.

ScottF: try accessing the router from it's default gateway address plugged into an ethernet port. You may have to re-flash the firmware to get it to work again. Check the obvious things like make sure you have the modem plugged into the wan port and not lan and the cable from modem to router/etc.

ScottF
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2010, 3:28 pm

kc8ufv wrote:
Is the system light blinking? According to the manual for that router, that indicates the router is functioning. If it is, is it assigning IP addresses?

The system light is not even on

kc8ufv
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2010, 5:33 pm

Try pressing and holding the reset button for 20 seconds, while applying power. This will recover the factory settings on most consumer grade routers...

ScottF
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2010, 5:36 pm

^^ I tried that, did not work

kc8ufv
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2010, 5:40 pm

Does your compuer show an ethernet link when plugged into port 1?