How do you feel being an aspie? Please respond

Page 3 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

deep-techno
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2006, 10:32 am

I'm actually glad that I have Aspergers, because without it, I would be an idiot like most NTs.

Keeno
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2006, 2:30 pm

AS explains everything I have had to cope with, and I'm grateful I have a logical explanation for what I've had to cope with.

30 Aug 2006, 7:28 pm

sometimes I wish I didn't have it but most times I don't even care if I have it because I'm happy and don't feel effected by it like right now.
But I am proud to be an apsie because it makes me special and different and a very strong person. Despite my disability, I’m not letting it stop it from me trying to have a relationship or have a job or live on my own. It has also left me with gifts. I remember when I was a kid, I always wondered why I had a better memory than everyone else. I could collect facts and absorb them in my head, I could remember people’s birthdays or where they were born. I also think narrow interests is a gift. I was obsessed with London and Dalmatians, and movies. I even got obsessed with the city Spokane after becoming obsessed with Benny & Joon. I got obsessed with London and Dalmatians after seeing 101 Dalmatians and I was obsessed with it right after I saw it in theaters. I was obsessed with other things my whole life.

deep-techno
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2006, 2:44 am

Yeah I agree, aspieness invites negative things such as bullying and misunderstanding, but it also gives us gifts, like the ability to accomplish good academic results and the different behaviour.

hyperbolic
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2006, 1:27 pm

I feel lonely, depressed, and anxious.

superfantastic
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2006, 2:50 pm

Special :)
It helps to understand myself better.
Also I feel lonely, frustrated and misunderstood (but that could just be adolescence).

dev664
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

31 Aug 2006, 11:50 pm

I don't have anything against NT's, but I am actually thankful for my condition. Though the social part of it can be a bit of a hindrance, I excel in many other areas without trying. I managed to score an 800 on the math part of the SAT without studying, and am a fairly talented composer.

hate
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Sep 2006, 6:48 pm

I have no problem with having AS itself. But I wish I rather was an aspie with high IQ, good look, good skills in math, physics, chemistry and biology.

If I had thoose skills it would not matter if I was NT or had AS.