Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

tangomike
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2011, 1:02 am

About 4 months ago I experienced a huge meltdown which led to me losing all of my friends and moving back home from college. Ever since then Ive felt this huge gaping hole in my chest that I cant fill....Ive had this feeling before in the past but never this bad. Anyone else relate?

ps. i have BPD which is why i feel this emptiness already, but more so now.

corroonb
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2011, 3:32 pm

It sounds like depression. I have that empty feeling when I'm very low and it almost feels like I can't feel anything at all. I have AS and OCD and I frequently feel "empty". It sounds like you've been through a rough time and feel you have lost something and this loss almost feels physical.

I don't know what advice to offer other than to keep on going. Don't do nothing.

Trimoxie
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Jan 2011, 4:57 pm

Yes, same here. When I quit college (psychiatry issues), I started getting this bizarre empy feeling. Its pretty much undescribable. I wouldn't really call it the same as "when a friend moves to another city" type of empty feeling, but a true self being of emptiness. Nothing matters and you become trapped in it. You can't even hope for it to go away because in that state you simply don't know it will, it's like a mindstate developed through new information and wisdom. But it's just a feeling, it doesn't need wisdom. It's the true sense of no feeling at all, only fear remains. I think it's being detached from everything. When you think of it, nothing material in this world has a meaning. Humans attach a feeling to it and that gives them a sense of joy/sadness. However, when we can't attach ourselves to ANYTHING at all, then that's what remains, the feeling of emptiness.

tangomike
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2011, 7:03 pm

Trimoxie wrote:
Yes, same here. When I quit college (psychiatry issues), I started getting this bizarre empy feeling. Its pretty much undescribable. I wouldn't really call it the same as "when a friend moves to another city" type of empty feeling, but a true self being of emptiness. Nothing matters and you become trapped in it. You can't even hope for it to go away because in that state you simply don't know it will, it's like a mindstate developed through new information and wisdom. But it's just a feeling, it doesn't need wisdom. It's the true sense of no feeling at all, only fear remains. I think it's being detached from everything. When you think of it, nothing material in this world has a meaning. Humans attach a feeling to it and that gives them a sense of joy/sadness. However, when we can't attach ourselves to ANYTHING at all, then that's what remains, the feeling of emptiness.

wow you described it spot on! Nothing matters because I cant feel happiness, just fleeting moments when I see something funny on TV or if a friend said something. Other than that I revert right back into this hollow shell of a person who cant feel anything.