Where Did You Get Your Username From?

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Chummy
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2011, 7:54 am

A simple and fun thread I hope wasn't already posted. What's the story behind your username?

I'll start. I am a friendly person by nature, and sometimes it doesn't show because of my AS. My name explains my intents and in this place every one is who he/she really is, you don't have to hide your difference, you are a ghost in the forums. Chummy also happened to be the nickname of the pianist from the chattanooga choo choo clip I posted in the music subforum under the jazz thread.

This is who I am.

Where did you get your username from? :wink:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2011, 7:57 am

My accent and the attitude that I had when I joined, plays a big part in my username. It seems that I will never outgrow it, no matter what.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2011, 8:17 am

Some song by some band called Black Sabbath...

DaWalker
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2011, 8:24 am

It was a spur of the moment thing.

GammaGeek
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2011, 8:29 am

Wow this is actually a long story lol.

Our Advance Science Students group was commonly refered to as the Nerd Herd. No clue why, but everone started grabbing Greek letters and the word nerd or geek or whatever. One dude was Alpha Nerd, there was an Omega Dork, Beta Nerd, even a Lambda Nerd and I somehow got Gamma Geek. Actually, I got Geek Ray first, but I refused to let anyone call me that. Really it was the stupidiest thing in the universe, but my name was the only one that stuck. At least at has a nice alliteration to it.

I got geek instead of nerd (there's a difference, but thats not relevant) because I play WoW, used to play DnD, I'm antisocial, I'm obbsessed with weird crap and geek sounds better than nerd with Gamma.

As for Gamma, I got that special because one kid smartly commented it would take a few cm of lead to keep me away, I was high energy no matter how calm I acted, and I was a serious health hazard in large amounts. And people wondered why I was so antisocial...

jeddy
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Jan 2011, 8:59 am

i chose my username because my names jedd + it's the first thing my baby cousin said to me- jeddy and i liked it

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2011, 10:19 am

I was listening to a Jay-Z song while I was registering, so I replaced "Jay" with "Asp" and there ya go, instant username :P

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2011, 10:33 am

I was taking a World History class the year I joined. While I was registering and thinking of a username for myself, I remembered about how we talked about the Enlightenment in World History, and Rene Descartes came to my mind, so I chose "Descartes" as my username.

ShenLong
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2011, 2:54 pm

Back when I joined, I was obsessed with dragons and fantasy, and also a game series called Monster Hunter in which you kill monsters including dragons. I had also just finished my first year of Mandarin. My favorite creature in the series was the White Fatalis, probably the hardest thing to kill across all 6 games, although it only appeared in 3 of the games. It is a giant, bearded white dragon that generates electricity and that glows with a white aura. It can kill you in one to two hits no matter what armor you have and is a pain to kill. Because it is a divine creature in the game's mythos and because I really liked the Mandarin language, I decided to name myself Shen Long which essentially means Divine Dragon.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2011, 2:56 pm

A synth.

Wallourdes
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2011, 3:23 pm

Some guy on a co-workers party was completely wasted and started giving people all kind of names, so this stuck and even back on in the supermarket I worked people start calling me this.
It supposed to mean a bad word in an asian language I heard later on, but hey what the heck!

NathanealWest
Toucan
Toucan

05 Jan 2011, 5:15 am

I misspelled the name of the author of The Day of the Locust.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

05 Jan 2011, 5:26 am

I use the same SN for most everything. I used to use something else years ago but I was having problems on some sites. I wanted a different SN for something & I didn't put a lot of thought into it because I didn't think I would be there long. I started using it for other minor sites sense having the same one makes things easier & I didn't think of something better to use sense it didn't matter. I kept on using it. If I was allowed to change it here & the other sites I go to; I would. I'm much of a James Bond fan; I just liked that GoldenEye 64 game when I was in high-school

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

bucephalus
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2011, 6:03 am

My Mum had / has a bit of an obsession with Alexander the Great's horse and even wanted to name her house after it. I pinched the name and now use it for everything online

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bucephalus