Page 3 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2011, 4:24 pm

I do foresee riots in the USA within 5 years time.

When the economic system, backed by politicians and laws they enact for it, is based on privatizing corporate profits and socializing their losses runs out of means to socialize the losses it will collapse. Its all a giant ponzi scheme.

Its collapsing right now. Within the next few years the prices of oil will raise the prices of everything until it reaches the breaking point at which monetary devaluation is the only way to control inflation. When that happens... crap will hit the fan. American society is a lot like ancient rome.. the populace is disconnected from the ruling 'team' and cares less as long as the guys up top deliver food and entertainment. When that food becomes so expensive and the entertainment is cut to pay for the food the avg american will snap, grab his rifle and head to DC to get his cable tv turned back on.

who knows, we may even see some states secede.

Zeno
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2011, 6:53 pm

Wanting too much and producing too little, that is the root cause of America’s present malaise. Sacrifices have to be made but everyone feels that someone else ought to make the adjustment. Hence the electorate gathers to make a scapegoat out of public sector employees whom they feel are too richly remunerated. Instead of agreeing to relatively small tax increases, they want to violate long standing contracts with civil servants. The rage and disgust of the government workers affected are blood curling to read. Perhaps America will only understand the value of good governance when someday in the not too distant future they have the sort of police force that the Mexicans have to deal with: inept, corrupt and a menace to the populace. Tell me, what good is democracy in a place like Mexico where the drug barons call the shots?

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2011, 8:30 am

richardbenson wrote:
whats the mainstream media? do you remember the government shut down in 1995?
it was a complete disaster for the republicans in the next election giving bill another round

It will be no different this time

While possible, I disagree. The shutdown in 1995 was the product of bipartisan bickering. This time, the economy is in the toilet. We have 20%+ unemployment (going by trustworthy numbers, not government voodoo math). Most every state in the union in insolvent, bankrupt or in dire financial straits (even the "top 5" states aren't doing very well). People are aware that something needs to be done.

Democrats saying it's the "evil Republicans" who are to blame for a shut down isn't going to hold much water. Of course, they have the mainstream press working for them.

Dantac wrote:
I do foresee riots in the USA within 5 years time.

And it is by design. :(

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2011, 8:35 am

Quote:

It could be an inevitability that North America balkanizes this century if we don't shape up.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2011, 9:14 am

Vigilans wrote:
Quote:

It could be an inevitability that North America balkanizes this century if we don't shape up.

The nature of an inevitability is not that it COULD be but that it MUST be.

ruveyn

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2011, 12:38 pm

so.. guesses as to which break off first?

I say texas will be the first.. their economy is sound on their own... followed by Hawaii and Alaska. Heack, alaska and maybe montana might hook up with Canada.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2011, 1:00 pm

Dantac wrote:
so.. guesses as to which break off first?

I say texas will be the first.. their economy is sound on their own... followed by Hawaii and Alaska. Heack, alaska and maybe montana might hook up with Canada.

I'd say

Texas, Montana, Indiana, Alaska, Kentucky, Ohio, etc. Are going to demand their representatives bring about articles of Impeachment if Obama keeps it up.

http://reason.com/blog/2011/02/18/is-th ... tcontainer

The states that have had it with the Federal Government are unlikely to join Canada.