Journal: Study Linking Vaccine To Autism Was Fraud (NPR)

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2011, 6:40 am

"A new examination found, by comparing the reported diagnoses in the paper to hospital records, that Wakefield and colleagues altered facts about patients in their study.

"The analysis, by British journalist Brian Deer, found that despite the claim in Wakefield's paper that the 12 children studied were normal until they had the MMR shot, five had previously documented developmental problems. Deer also found that all the cases were somehow misrepresented when he compared data from medical records and the children's parents."

full story

- Emerson

Kiran
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Jan 2011, 8:13 am

Jenny McCarty's gonna be pissed :lol:

MidlifeAspie
Veteran
Veteran

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2011, 1:26 pm

ahhh another report. The more info the better.

ci
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2011, 1:31 pm

Some 6 months ago I tried to talk to a mercury group and had no idea at the time of the vaccine issue. I stumbled upon this massive issue never hearing about it while just looking for autism discussion groups. Some were nice but some were down right mean to me for asking discovery questions. A person claiming to have A.S reported her sons recovery and called me a scam and a bunch of names. I simply asked questions but because of all the infighting between those with autism, media, parents and professionals on the issue no one wanted to give me an answer to basic questions. The issue was considered to political to study as people on every side seemed to want to protect a point of view and especially when children are involved who may receive a shot others perceive will harm them and may not receive one that may harm by not receiving a shot.

Crazy issue.

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2011, 1:40 pm

Some conditions, like lead poisoning, mimic autism. I think lead poisoning can be treated with chelation, arresting autistic development and restoring more normal development, which leads some people to believe they have 'cured' autism.

- Emerson

ci
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2011, 3:08 pm

Yes this is logical. However from a psychosocial perspective proven scientific logic is not always the base logic as emotion happens. The absents of the absolute is near always the case in relevent public relations studies.

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2011, 3:40 pm

Indeed.

- Emerson