Page 4 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2011, 9:29 am

danandlouie wrote:
i think SQUARE PEG has exhibited the ignorance espoused by most humans writing here. peta kills animals just to do it. what drivel.

in the usa last year, roughly 5 million dogs and cats were killed simply because there weren't enough homes for them. if you think 'no-kill' shelters do not kill animals, you're wrong.

peta operates an open admission shelter. the animals they take in are usually the ones that no one wants and are
too hurt or sick to save. rather than let them die slowly and painfully, they put them down. it would be cruel not to do so. guess square peg thinks it's ok to let dogs and cats die slow and very painful deaths.

peta has one goal, to stop animal torture/abuse. i understand that most of you love your 'pets' . i understand that you don't care what happens to any other non-human animal. that sort of cruel indifference to the pain and suffering of feeling creatures just baffles me.

it's really disappointing to see luvsterriors has joined with the humans who think torturing 'some' animals is ok.
please, attack me. it would hurt me deeply to know that writers like monkey and tim-tex and kinkslover did not despise me. anyone who thinks 'some' animal torture is ok is certainly my enemy.

i support peta, in defense of animals, last chance for animals, farm sanctuary and others. i support local open and limited admission shelters. i participate in puppy mill busts, hoarder raids, and simple protests. i'm giving everything i own to animal related causes when i decide to die. because of my interactions with most humans and their cruelty towards other living creatures, i would destroy what i have before i would let humans have it.

who would've thunk there were so many michael vicks on wrong planet?

I was at the seal hunt rally in front of the Canadian Embassy in DC few years ago in the freezing cold but that didn't stop me! I can't stand Canada at all. I saw photos and videos of baby seals being killed and the people smiling as they crush the baby seals skulls. It's very sad to watch. I can't stand Michael Vick either and wish NFL never hired him. He doesn't deserve to play football. I think he's just sorry he got caught. I can't stand China either due to their dog and cat fur trade. I can't even stand some part of South Korea since they eat dog meat. The only thing I can't stand about PETA is started in my previous post. They bashed Steve Irwin after he died. PETA should have showed compassion to a man who left behind two small children. Steve Irwin in my opinion never abused animals. He loved his crocs. When one died he was so sad. I do like the fact that PETA did show photos and videos of elephants being tortured in circuses. I can't stand circuses either and every year so many parents bring their kids to my college campus. Barnum and Bailey I think.

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2011, 9:32 am

MONKEY wrote:
danandlouie wrote:
i think SQUARE PEG has exhibited the ignorance espoused by most humans writing here. peta kills animals just to do it. what drivel.

in the usa last year, roughly 5 million dogs and cats were killed simply because there weren't enough homes for them. if you think 'no-kill' shelters do not kill animals, you're wrong.

peta operates an open admission shelter. the animals they take in are usually the ones that no one wants and are
too hurt or sick to save. rather than let them die slowly and painfully, they put them down. it would be cruel not to do so. guess square peg thinks it's ok to let dogs and cats die slow and very painful deaths.

peta has one goal, to stop animal torture/abuse. i understand that most of you love your 'pets' . i understand that you don't care what happens to any other non-human animal. that sort of cruel indifference to the pain and suffering of feeling creatures just baffles me.

it's really disappointing to see luvsterriors has joined with the humans who think torturing 'some' animals is ok.
please, attack me. it would hurt me deeply to know that writers like monkey and tim-tex and kinkslover did not despise me. anyone who thinks 'some' animal torture is ok is certainly my enemy.

i support peta, in defense of animals, last chance for animals, farm sanctuary and others. i support local open and limited admission shelters. i participate in puppy mill busts, hoarder raids, and simple protests. i'm giving everything i own to animal related causes when i decide to die. because of my interactions with most humans and their cruelty towards other living creatures, i would destroy what i have before i would let humans have it.

Are you saying that I think some torture is OK? Well if that's the case then that's totally rubbish, I don't think any torture or abuse to animals is OK. I'm totally against animal cruelty and all for animal rights, but I just don't like PETA. Not liking PETA doesn't make me indifferent to animal welfare and the issues to do with it.

EXACTLY Monkey. I don't particular care much for PETA either.
I support other animal rights organizations like the Protect Seals campaign that Humane Society of the US has. I also support Sea Shepherd. I did watch one episode of Whale Wars and had to change the channel. WAY too much abuse for me to handle.

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2011, 10:02 am

luvsterriers wrote:
MONKEY wrote:
danandlouie wrote:

Are you saying that I think some torture is OK? Well if that's the case then that's totally rubbish, I don't think any torture or abuse to animals is OK. I'm totally against animal cruelty and all for animal rights, but I just don't like PETA. Not liking PETA doesn't make me indifferent to animal welfare and the issues to do with it.

EXACTLY Monkey. I don't particular care much for PETA either.
I support other animal rights organizations like the Protect Seals campaign that Humane Society of the US has. I also support Sea Shepherd. I did watch one episode of Whale Wars and had to change the channel. WAY too much abuse for me to handle.

I read something really sad recently about a circus elephant that used to practice her acts on her own at night to avoid being beaten, it was so depressing. What are your thoughts about the non-human person-hood movement? Some people and groups are advocating giving animals with advanced levels of intelligence and self awareness like elephants, dolphins and apes person status. I'm all for that.

Also, have you seen the documentary cruel camera? On there one organization that is supposed to check that films with animals in them treat the animals properly, actually were really careless with one film. Where these horses were going crazy while filming so all that happened was real. and one horse died while being trampled by the other horses, but the organization actually said the film was acceptable. :roll:

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2011, 10:31 am

About horses I watched True Grit (the one with Jeff Bridges in it) John Wayne was in the original. In several scenes Jeff is shooting at people on horses and the horses fall down. In another scene Jeff shot at a horse. I do hope that these horses pretended to be dead and were taught to lay on their side and play dead. I often wonder when animals get shot and die in films if the animals actually do get hurt. There was an episode on CSI that involved dog fighting and to me it did look like 2 dogs actually fighting. I don't know if they used an old clip of actual dogs fighting or if it was special effects to make it appear that it was 2 dogs fighting when it was just one dog.