How would you like to be proposed to?

Page 2 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Seanmw
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2011, 12:50 am

nick007 wrote:
I'd like to be purposed to on the 1st date :P I'd like to discuss long term potential as soon as things start getting serious & then she just decide she's ready

mehhh, i seriously doubt anyone would propose on the first date :?
just doesn't make sense. It seems to me that anyone who might possibly do so would be vastly lackin in foresight and quite possibly very immature ad in a rush to get married for all the wrong reasons *shrug*.

I mean, in an ideal world where everyone had evolved with psychic powers allowing them to correctly predict the future so that they could say for certain that the person they're on their first date with will ultimately work out for them relationshipwise and be married happily for a minimum of 20 years, then in those circumstances, and only then, might proposing on the first date be in any way be a feasible practice.
this is of course not counting drunken vegas weddings, shotgun weddings resulting from accidental one-night-stand pregnancies, or mail-order brides, etc.

:idea:

wefunction
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2011, 12:52 am

Seanmw wrote:
nick007 wrote:
I'd like to be purposed to on the 1st date :P I'd like to discuss long term potential as soon as things start getting serious & then she just decide she's ready

mehhh, i seriously doubt anyone would propose on the first date :?

It happened to me! Big RED FLAG with that. Stay away from anyone who'd propose on the first date. Fantasize about it if it floats your boat but it doesn't translate well into real life.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

10 Jan 2011, 1:07 am

When it comes to fantasies; I cant think of anything better than proposing to Miranda Cosgrove at the Kids Choice Awards :mrgreen:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Seanmw
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2011, 1:15 am

nick007 wrote:
When it comes to fantasies; I cant think of anything better than proposing to Miranda Cosgrove at the Kids Choice Awards :mrgreen:

isn't she still a little young :? ?
or has she turned 18 already?
i don't really keep up with such things.

though i just can't help remembering her as the little grade school kid from the movie School of Rock & the first seasons of iCarly

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2011, 1:19 am

I'm not into the whole marriage thing. Something creative though involving cars.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

10 Jan 2011, 1:30 am

Seanmw wrote:
nick007 wrote:

isn't she still a little young :? ?
or has she turned 18 already?
i don't really keep up with such things.

though i just can't help remembering her as the little grade school kid from the movie School of Rock & the first seasons of iCarly

I think she'll be 18 in an few months. I don't see her as a kid.
About the only way I'll be able to get married is if it is a fantasy in my head; I highly doubt we will start having arranged marriages here anytime soon :( I accepted that women will not go out with me let alone marry me even if they do think I'm supper sweet; I will never get a chance :cry: I'll shut-up now because I don't want to derail this post.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2011, 5:35 pm

I have been in lots of long term relationships in comparison to many on the board...but I was never proposed to..it was joked about once..My business partner joked about our getting married while we were at Niagra Falls..years ago he said I could make a sock monkey out of Niagra Falls Souvenier socks and send it over the falls in a barrel...but a wee bit later I ended up having a nervous breakdown and I left him...for 6 months...maybe if if had been a real proposal, that wouldn't have happened...but it was for the best that it wasn't one...When I came back from being away for 6 months..he bought me a cheap ring from Ebay..as if to somehow symbolize keeping me..but then he had a big affair right under my nose a short time later....(sigh)..of course I don't wear that ring...i took it off after the affair was found out...though...it was a while before we broke up for real...but we are still business partners...

thinking about it makes me sad, as I have had very few "rites of passage" in my life...and I guess that "counts" as one...I don't mind never having children, but I would sort of like to get married one day...I would not need it to be a big ordeal or anything...and my life does not depend on it, but yeh...I'd at least like to do it once so I can say I had been married at one time..

Or I should divert my thoughts away from "rites of passage" and remind myself that they are unimportant...Even losing my virginity..was done in a way that was so depressing and unceremonious...I did not really graduate or go to prom..learn to drive...I did move out on my own...or attempt to...at an early age...as a "Rite of Passage" that i felt I needed...and I moved away from Houston..briefly...and in my mind that counted as a "Rite of Passage"....even though It did not work out and I came back....

At least I have BEEN in relationships...as that is something so many on the spectrum have such difficulty with..

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2011, 7:40 pm

If possible, where we first met. That would probably bring me to tears. ;_;

quesonrias
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Jan 2011, 8:21 pm

I have absolutely no clue...lol!

It could be in public, but something that makes it seem like we are the only two people in the world. I think this would be romantic because it is so hard for me to shut out the world sometimes, and for someone to be able to create that illusion, even when we are surrounded by the rest of the world, would be absolutely amazing.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
RAADS-R: 187.0
Language: 15.0 • Social Relatedness: 81.0 • Sensory/Motor: 52.0 • Circumscribed Interests: 40.0

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 165 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 47 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

SurfMaggie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Jan 2011, 8:31 am

Seanmw wrote:
perhaps if after some hot amazing lovemaking one night, while we're laying still entangled in one another's passionate embrace, between cute, sweet, tender kisses and sighs of blissful satisfaction, she could tentatively pop the question, whispering it in my ear, and before we both drifted off into the peaceful oblivion of sleep, i'd smile at her, pull her closer holding her in my arms, and then kiss her deeply, look into those prettyful hazel-green eyes of hers and say, "Awwwh baby, i thought you'd never ask :). Of course i will :p :heart: "
:lol:

That is beautiful: if a guy proposed to me like that, it would be pretty hard to say no to :-)

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2011, 6:53 pm

by text or post it note..... :wink:

BenReillyUK
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Sep 2020, 9:39 am

I like the Blue Feather idea but I wouldn't know what it meant unless I had the commonality of the game with the person.
I seem to recall I proposed to the girl who became my wife when I was lying in bed with her, 'When we are married and have kids...'
'You are saying you want to marry me?'
'Well yes, I rather assumed we would.'
'Me too. But lets set a date.'
18 years later it seemed to work out very well.
I don't think I am good enough at keeping any secrets for it to be any more complicated. Direct and to the point. And its stayed that way.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2020, 10:29 am

With masks on.

greenmm37
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Sep 2020, 11:12 am

BenReillyUK wrote:
I like the Blue Feather idea but I wouldn't know what it meant unless I had the commonality of the game with the person.
I seem to recall I proposed to the girl who became my wife when I was lying in bed with her, 'When we are married and have kids...'
I don't think I am good enough at keeping any secrets for it to be any more complicated. Direct and to the point. And its stayed that way.

It's incredible it went this way for you, a bit uncanny as this is precisely how I would like it to go for me - I just want to agree with someone who I love and know we are compatible, that yes we'll get married. No real 'proposal', I don't even want an engagement ring as I don't like jewelry and never consistently wear it.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2020, 12:51 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
With masks on.

But I can't manage wearing a mask. :(

BenReillyUK
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Sep 2020, 8:24 am

greenmm37 wrote:
BenReillyUK wrote:

It's incredible it went this way for you, a bit uncanny as this is precisely how I would like it to go for me - I just want to agree with someone who I love and know we are compatible, that yes we'll get married. No real 'proposal', I don't even want an engagement ring as I don't like jewelry and never consistently wear it.

Well when you are with the right person, you will find you are sharing all your thoughts anyway. Well pretty much all anyway, your reasoning most definitely. Also I have to say that I wouldn't be living with someone and sleeping in the same bed even - if I wasn't actually sure this could lead down the wedding aisle anyway. As for sex. I have always held the view that if you are willing to have sex with them, then that requires enough trust for unprotected - well pill or some other non condom related option.
For me, is it this way for others?
Get together.
Cuddles in bed together, just holding, maybe working up to some fondling.
Moving in together.
Maybe start off with protected sex, or simply don't bother having sex? With a condom is pretty crap to be honest.
Live together a year or so.
Make a commitment, don't waste their time. If they aren't right after a year for you to marry they won't be right in 10.
Marriage.
Sex.
Babies.
Also it helped for me that we went and started our degree together and got a job at Bingo together too.
Everything we have got, such as it is - and much loved it is too, our home everything - is down to our supporting each other to do it. I may be the one getting actually paid by a job but my wife is at least 50 percent of why that is possible. Its a genuine partnership.