How did you meet your partner? (If you have one)

Page 2 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

nthach
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2011, 11:30 am

Grisha wrote:
Russian Mail-order bride.

You think I'm kidding, don't you... :cry:

I'm afraid that same destiny is going to happen to me soon. I have a feeling my mom's going to the homeland(Cambodia) and she's gonna try to arrange my marriage. If that happens, I'll kill myself. I'm not gonna be no one's b***h for a green card.

Brianruns10
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2011, 12:13 pm

After being away at school for a number of years, upon my return, I attempted to reestablish contact with various people I knew from high school who lived in the area. I went out with a couple of girls I knew, had one date with one, and a couple with another girl. Nothing ever clicked, and one I courted for quite a while only to have her choose another guy whom I dubbed "The Tool."

Ultimately, I realized these girls were wastes of time, because they were in cliques in high school, and kept those cliques in college, and if you're not a part of it, you can't be a part of them. Judgmental, and shallow. And really, they were all quite mediocre...one was a saleswoman for a faceless medical conglomerate, and the other a meaningless functionary in a government bureaucracy. After they rejected me, I rejected them, severing all ties with them, deleting them from my facebook,and removing their numbers from my phone. I've also severed my ties with my high school alumni association, simply because I don't want to have anything to do with a bunch of twits and losers I hated in school.

Now I've been focusing on OKCupid. I've written easily a hundred people or more since I started, and gotten perhaps half a dozen responses, three of which yielded dates. Two never went out with me again after the first date, and the third won't respond to my phone calls, even though we had an amazing date with a great kiss at the end.

The whole process of dating f*****g sucks, and I've grown to prefer solitude to wasting time with women, but I must give props to OK Cupid, for giving a great outlet that, though requiring persistence, yields some success (though not lasting, though I fault the girls, not the website for this).

Brainiac5
Raven
Raven

12 Jan 2011, 12:33 pm

nthach wrote:
Grisha wrote:

I'm afraid that same destiny is going to happen to me soon. I have a feeling my mom's going to the homeland(Cambodia) and she's gonna try to arrange my marriage. If that happens, I'll kill myself. I'm not gonna be no one's b***h for a green card.

All you have to do is say no. Nobody can force you into a marriage.

nthach
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2011, 12:37 pm

Brainiac5 wrote:
nthach wrote:
Grisha wrote:

The second that happens, I'm offing myself. I'm worthless and a girl will need to be so f****d in the head if she sees ANYTHING good in me.

I'll NEVER find a girlfriend. I scare women off. Being Asian AND aspie sucks. God's dealt me a sh***y hand.

Brianruns10
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2011, 2:02 pm

nthach I feel ya there. Assuming there is a God in the Judeo-Christian sense, he's a cruel f**k for endowing us with an inability to connect with other people, as well as being aware of the inability. Like to paraphrase Amadeus, he gave us desire, but not ability. f**k him. Oh, excuse me...Him with a capital H.

You know what my solution is? Assuming there is a God, I reject him. I'm gonna make it on my own, and if I could sell my soul for a few million dollars, to finance my work as a filmmaker, I'd do it in a heartbeat. I'm gonna make my positive impact on the world, and when I do, it'll be because I took action, not because of anything God did or didn't do.

Take the same approach. Take control for yourself, and tell God to f**k off.

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2011, 4:00 pm

nthach wrote:
Brainiac5 wrote:
nthach wrote:
Grisha wrote:

The second that happens, I'm offing myself. I'm worthless and a girl will need to be so f**** in the head if she sees ANYTHING good in me.

I'll NEVER find a girlfriend. I scare women off. Being Asian AND aspie sucks. God's dealt me a sh***y hand.
And as long as you tell yourself that, yes, you are doomed to that fate.

Brainiac5
Raven
Raven

12 Jan 2011, 6:11 pm

Brianruns10 wrote:
nthach I feel ya there. Assuming there is a God in the Judeo-Christian sense, he's a cruel f**k for endowing us with an inability to connect with other people, as well as being aware of the inability. Like to paraphrase Amadeus, he gave us desire, but not ability. f**k him. Oh, excuse me...Him with a capital H.

You know what my solution is? Assuming there is a God, I reject him. I'm gonna make it on my own, and if I could sell my soul for a few million dollars, to finance my work as a filmmaker, I'd do it in a heartbeat. I'm gonna make my positive impact on the world, and when I do, it'll be because I took action, not because of anything God did or didn't do.

Take the same approach. Take control for yourself, and tell God to f**k off.

I second everything you said.
God know where He can take his holy commandments and shove 'em.

cheryll
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 Aug 2015, 7:53 am

After many years of being a hermit, some local, big girls literally forced me out of the house when I was 18. They took me to a pub and I got drunk and that's how I met my first boyfriend. If that hadn't happened, I may have been a hermit forever. After that, I had a couple of other boyfriends who I met at nightclubs when drunk. I met one boyfriend through my sister's boyfriend. I went on a few dates through online dating, but I never wanted to see any of them again. My husband was a totally different story. I was working as a receptionist at a hotel and he was a guest. He started talking to me because I was working on my art and he saw it and he also likes to paint. So he left me his email address to let him know if I ever had an exhibition. But I liked him so I emailed him to say thanks. After that we kept talking via email. Then we met up as friends a few times to do some painting together before we started dating.

jackinblack
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Aug 2015, 8:05 am

At least when it comes to relationships and ASD I can't see any pattern here. You all have different stories. To be honest I expected more of an online stories.

I met each of my partners online, this gives me a chance to present my mind before my social skills ;)

Anachron
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Aug 2015, 8:57 am

I did a free live performance at a record store to promote my new album. I liked the store because there was a circle of chairs and couches at one end. The owner of the store invited me to come back so I showed up the next day with a chess board. I would sit in the corner everyday, listening to music, drinking vodka, waiting for someone to sit down to play with me. I played many games over the next few months with many different people and this one girl kept comming back to play with me. She invited me to come over to see her chess board and cooked me soup when I got there. Nothing sexual happend but I did get her number and there is just something about a girl making me food that I liked. Over the next few years we would talk, exchange books, and meet up for soup. We were walking to my hotel after a show one night and I tried to hold her hand. I failed and just smacked into her wrist or something. She said, "Did you just try to hold my hand?" with a big smile. We had a long distance relationship going for a few years, I would fly out to see her or pay for her to visit me, about every four to six weeks. I finally let her move in with me and a few years after that, we got married. I cashed in my chips and bought a place deep in the mountains. I finally quit drinking. We now have two kids and a bumpy relationship.

Thinking about this story makes me remember why I love her. Thanks for asking.

cheryll

27 Aug 2015, 9:10 am

That's a lovely story, Anachron

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

28 Aug 2015, 10:37 pm

I met all 3 of my girlfriends on online forums. My 1st was Comedy Central's forum over 12 years ago when they had forums & I met my 2nd & current here on this forum.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2015, 1:34 pm

At a dance.