Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

MasterJedi
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2011, 5:59 pm

by help, I mean the cashiers at the store.

When they ask you if you've found everything okay, tell them you couldn't find something you know they wouldn't have or don't even make like diet water, left-handed screwdrivers, low sodium salt and so on.

This is fun to to especially if the cashier is new. But don't do it when there's a line. If it's slow and no one else is in line, it's fun. Sometimes you can tell if they're new by their nametag. For some reason, the management wants people to prey on the new people. An unsavory customer bringing in something to return would take advantage of her not knowing the policy. This happened at Circuit City when I worked there. Someone brought in Windows Vista to return but the girl didn't know that you couldn't return software.

That is my spot, in an ever changing world, it is a single point of consistency. If my life were expressed as a function on a four dimensional Cartesian coordinate system, that spot, from the moment I first sat on it, would be 0-0-0-0.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

10 Jan 2011, 10:22 pm

The cashiers at the stores in my area don't ask if I found anything OK. I wish stores here hired people who would care enough to be that polite

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2011, 11:16 pm

abusing anybody is only making more bad karma for yourself, that will boomerang on you when you least suspect it. even joking about it is unwise.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2011, 11:33 pm

The part about the diet water cracked me up. :lol:

Natty_Boh
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2011, 11:46 pm

Stick to cashiers, absolutely. Messing with the 'help' at a restaurant is generally unwise. :twisted: On second thoughts, come by our restaurant any time, we'll hold a rooftop table for you...

(Pedantic query: wouldn't flavored water with artificial sweetener count as 'diet water'?)

Natty_Boh
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2011, 11:53 pm

nick007 wrote:
The cashiers at the stores in my area don't ask if I found anything OK. I wish stores here hired people who would care enough to be that polite

Sure, cashiers who don't act like robots would be nice. But on their end, it's just another management-imposed hoop in a thankless job full of them...