Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

car_crash
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

06 Jan 2005, 10:41 pm

do you ever feel like your destiny isnt in your own hands and whatever you attempt will always go wrong?

i feel like a nail thats been repeatedly hammered into the ground. i dont want to raise my head again as that way i can avoid more hammer blows

Postperson
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2005, 3:31 am

Yes I feel a bit like 'Truman' at times, lotsa the time, like someone else is pulling the strings and my attempts to do anything are thwarted.

and yes, the nail that sticks up will always be hammered down, or whatever saying they use to describe punishing people who are not 'indistinguishable from their peers'. dunno what to say, that's the way it goes, I lead a quiet life without a lot of people involvement, that way I avoid 'punishment'.

Mel
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2005, 5:40 am

No I don't believe in predestination, but I do feel that often the way the world is organised can make things difficult for people. Sometimes it does feel that the Gods/Goddesses are having a good laugh at my expense, but really I believe that we create our own destiny. Not that I'm saying that everyone has the ability/choice/opportunity to do anything- obviously environmental factors can play a part to some extent- but I don't believe that it doesn't matter what decisions we make as our 'fate' is already determined.

car_crash
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

07 Jan 2005, 11:17 am

i dont believe it either mel. it just feels like it to me sometimes.

i think you have to make the things that you want to happen in your life happen but first you have to work out what they are.

yeah the ability/choice/oppurtunity thing is a real downer. i dont feel particularly self-confident and able

car_crash
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

07 Jan 2005, 11:21 am

Postperson wrote:
Yes I feel a bit like 'Truman' at times, lotsa the time, like someone else is pulling the strings and my attempts to do anything are thwarted.

and yes, the nail that sticks up will always be hammered down, or whatever saying they use to describe punishing people who are not 'indistinguishable from their peers'. dunno what to say, that's the way it goes, I lead a quiet life without a lot of people involvement, that way I avoid 'punishment'.

yeah i just tend to stay in my room by myself. its making me really miserable though. i feel so uncomfortable as soon as other people are around like they are looking at me and if they laugh then they are laughing at me. its just complete self-obsession really. i think the whole world revolves around me

Postperson
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2005, 7:49 pm

lol, yeah well it's hard not to be self obsessed when you're blind to others - I think by default you become self obsessed. It's certainly something to watch out for.

echospectra
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Jan 2005, 7:54 pm

"I don't believe in a fate that falls on men however they act; but I do believe in a fate that falls on men unless they act." - G. K. Chesterton (yes, that guy again)