Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

jimservo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2006, 9:03 am

I agree with the sentiments of your poem, hyper_alien.

Both aspies and NTs ultimately wish to lead enjoyable and productive lives. Unfortunately, many NTs, being the vast majority of the population, have a difficult time imagining that there coud be anyone could lead a happy and productive life other then the "typical" way. This leads many of them view austistics as leading defective and faulty lives that need to be corrected rather then lives that lives can be appreciated for what they are.

applesauce
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Jul 2006, 8:42 am

Quote:
This leads many of them view austistics as leading defective and faulty lives that need to be corrected rather then lives that lives can be appreciated for what they are.

Gee...maybe NTs have a limited imagination...restricted social skills for dealing with people who have a different perspective from them. Lack of willingness to see any perspective but their own NTish one...

Oh, the irony ^_^.

My resentment is that either you have to play-act NT or be isolated and picked on. Or you can play-act NT and still be isolated because noone actually knows you as you really are and you're trapped in a fake-world of people who think you're someone you're not.

I wish it was a bit more meet in the middle. I am quite happy to learn NT traits and I've spent most of my life doing so. I just get sick of being told my concepts/perceptions are wrong and things are my fault because they're just in a format others don't totally understand.

On this messageboard I feel relaxed. I can type like crazy and I don't have to stop and think about how I type or what I say because I know the people reading my words will get it much more readily than everyone else. On other forums, the number of times I've had to rewrite and rephrase my opinions so thoroughly just so they understand them - and then often I'm dealing with people misquoting me and arguing with the misquote. It's frustrating...I find Aspie people look much deeper, see things much clearer and are far more genuinely logical - which the world is entirely NOT. I also find Aspie people are unhypocritical - which makes such a nice change :S

At least I know if I upset somebody here they'd say so right up and that would be that, instead of people being fake to your face and bitching behind your back, or saving it all up to fling at you in one big shot when you least expect it :S

Sentiments of poem agreed with in full.

Apple