Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

iwannabeadragon
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Jan 2011, 7:00 am

I wrote this short story a while ago. Any input would be much appreciated.

"Like, you're not in this group anymore" the queen bee sneered. She was petite, blond-haired, blue-eyed and she had the cutest babyface Sabrina has ever seen. She was practically perfect.

Sabrina tried to stop mentally drooling over the girl and tried to focus on the current situation. She was getting de-popularized by her ex-bestfriend Ally. She was apparently no longer needed and was considered disgusting in her eyes. And to that group of girls, Ally's eyes were the only ones that mattered.

Everyone was staring, and they all knew why this was happening. it's like they were all scared to say the word though.

"Lesbian." Sabrina snapped back into reality only to see the gray haired, skin-and-bones Mrs. Finch lecturing Ally on homophobia. It's not that she cared, it's that she had to. School code says, and everybody. I mean everybody, followed the rules around here.

After school, Sabrina skipped the bus ride and walked home. She trudged home. "My life is so over" she grumbled to herself.

-----

The next day at 7:00 AM sharp, Sabrina's alarm went off. She blinked, irritated at the alarm for waking her up, irritated at Ally for being a b***h. She was just irritated at everything. She was still wearing the same Aero jeans that she came home in.

When she got to school, she felt like the word "lesbian" was written on her forehead. She got weird looks from both students and teachers. 'Why did I have to come out now?' she asked herself, regretting even thinking about doing it.

During Math class, Chrissy, Ally's new right-hand-b***h started a chain of text messages. Some how, Sabrina received the text. She almost threw up on her integers worksheet. She put her hand up, "Mr. Hudson, can I use the washroom please?" she asked.

Mr. Hudson nodded. Of course, as Sabrina left the classroom there were hushed whispers and quiet giggles.

Some how, Sabrina ended up bawling her eyes out in the school counselor's office. "I don't get why they can't realize. I'm still the same f***ing person I was before I came out." The counselor nodded.

Sabrina felt like banging her head against the desk. Nobody got it. She mentally kicked everyone in the face, everyone who pretended to sympathize but they didn't get it.

-----

Sabrina called her Mom. "Mom?" she said "Can you come get me?"

"But it's not the end of they day, honey. You not feeling good?" her Mom asked. She showed up 10 minutes later and they drove to Starbucks. "You look like you have somethin' to say, Sabrina" her Mother said, sounding concerned.

Sabrina gulped. 'I guess now is better then never' she thought to herself. "Mom..." her voice trailed off. "I'm a lesbian."

Her Mother's face got red and her eyes got puffy. "Why?" she asked, sounding completely devestated. Sabrina shrugged.

"I just am." Sabrina's Mother got up and rushed out to the car. Sabrina stood up and started to walk after her but she sped away.

Sabrina collapsed on the sidewalk and started to cry. She curled herself into a ball, not even caring that she was being stared at by everyone.

-----

Sabrina didn't come home that night, and three days later she was found hanging from a bright yellow rope, attached to a tree behind the school she attended.

On her forehead in bold black letters read the word 'lesbian.'

Kiran
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Jan 2011, 9:58 am

(clicking on the invisible ''like''-button)
I liked that it had a message. It sounds like something that could have happened for real (maybe it did?) and that really makes you think.

iwannabeadragon
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Jan 2011, 11:03 am

Thank you. :) It's a dramatization of my coming out experience. I wrote it it about 15 minutes, which probably isn't surprising. Lol.