Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

antonblock
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Jan 2011, 2:41 pm

Hi there,

can anyone give me any hint how to find a good therapist? What must i take care for, and how does it work? And how do i notice, when the therapist is not appropriate?

i have depressions, anxieties, and problems with eye contact when i meet a single very intensive person, since many years.

thanks,
anton

btw, i stay here in europe

norplay
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Jan 2011, 5:12 pm

This is one of the most difficult topics, and the only thing I can say, I feel with you and wish you better luck.
I've been trying to find a way in therapy for about 10 years, of which half the time I spent with my current therapist. He was the one, who after three years of completely frustrating (but with persistent effort) talks suggested testing for aspergers, and I was diagnosed. I have to thank him for that. He does a fairly good job as a kind of life coach, because practically I've nobody to talk to for advice or feedback, if I needed such. But he understands little about how I function or Aspergers... So recently I lend him the movie "Mozart and the Whale", to give him a friendly kick in his butt. If persistence is the last resort, this might still be a successful story.
Anyway, there might be a way to therapists through websites in Europe, don't know which country U're looking...
Good luck there