new dating site for autistics

Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

peterD91
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

13 Jan 2011, 3:59 pm

If your interested in talking to or even getting in a relationship with another aspie/ ASD person then this is the site for you http://www.autisticdating.net/ its a new site BTW

renexu
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Jan 2011, 4:38 pm

how much? and what restriction to free membership? Also, what screening process?

They need all these information in a chart. Even Aspies don't want to waste time.

peterD91
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

13 Jan 2011, 5:04 pm

not my site, but this free membership thing is for a limited time during the sort of BETA stage of the site, you may want to find the site owner for these questions

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2011, 6:09 pm

Choice of 2 girls compared with 10 guys.
I wonder if they like a Negro Dino Aspie.

alex
Developer
Developer

13 Jan 2011, 6:13 pm

That site is just a default install of osDate. At least I made Aspie Affection look unique. http://AspieAffection.com

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2011, 6:15 pm

And the men will outnumber the women, just like about all other dating sites specifically for ASD people.

murphycop
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2011, 7:21 pm

alex wrote:
That site is just a default install of osDate. At least I made Aspie Affection look unique. http://AspieAffection.com

Men outnumber women on there too. And the site has many flaws.

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2011, 12:04 am

alex wrote:

and in the process made a glitchy mess.

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2011, 1:24 am

yeah making something look unique and it being a sausage fest doesn't help it any lol
nice blatant advertising btw

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2011, 2:23 am

Aren't all non-ASD dating sites mostly males as well? Or so the legend goes.

Then again, I haven't really taken heed to those sorts of things.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Meow101
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2011, 10:46 am

Tim_Tex wrote:

So I hear. I don't tend to frequent them, though. But male acquaintances, online and coworkers, complain about that all the time and they're not on the spectrum.

~Kate

Si tot mai multe cere.
--Mihai Eminescu

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2011, 12:18 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:

Probably not to the same extent. The male/female ratio of people with an ASD diagnosis is 4:1 in real life, so it's inevitable that dating sites for ASD individuals will have a skewed ratio as well. It's a similar situation for niche dating sites like one for people who interested in racing for instance (yes, such dating do exist), since a lot more males have that kind of interest than females.

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2011, 1:08 pm

No one has an accurate account of the male to female ratio. I would take any attempt at such a ratio with a pinch of salt as no country in the world has an accurate census of its entire ASD population and nor will it unless everyone who displays such behaviour is 100% diagnosed. Otherwise they are "guesstimates" based on social expectations. As some professionals such as Tony Attwood have identified the ratio would be distorted due to social expectations which change the route in which both genders gain access to a diagnosis the reality may well be the ratio is negligable between the genders.

On a side note

You may find it interesting to read George Orwells (yes bloke who did animal farm and 1984) article he did on homeless people. He made interesting observations on the differing outcomes for women and men who became homeless. I find his observations you could link to other outcomes regarding women who have disabilities and mental health problems

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2011, 1:14 pm

Laz wrote:
No one has an accurate account of the male to female ratio. I would take any attempt at such a ratio with a pinch of salt as no country in the world has an accurate census of its entire ASD population and nor will it unless everyone who displays such behaviour is 100% diagnosed. Otherwise they are "guesstimates" based on social expectations. As some professionals such as Tony Attwood have identified the ratio would be distorted due to social expectations which change the route in which both genders gain access to a diagnosis the reality may well be the ratio is negligable between the genders

makes since.

murphycop
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2011, 2:21 pm

Kilroy wrote:
yeah making something look unique and it being a sausage fest doesn't help it any lol

Alex is a spammer. If you wanna contact the site, it seems you should only do so if you're interested in Alex's career.

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2011, 1:26 am

murphycop wrote:
Kilroy wrote:

Alex is a spammer. If you wanna contact the site, it seems you should only do so if you're interested in Alex's career.

yeah no thanks lol