Is it right to beat a disabled person if they start with you

Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Ettina
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2011, 12:38 pm

If someone is likely to cause serious physical harm to you, you're entitled to whatever is necessary to prevent that physical harm. No more.

Disability means the person may be less able to cause you harm, in which case if they make an attempt you can ensure your safety using less force. However, I heard of one guy who got hospitalized because he was bashed in the head by a crutch (he did start the fight though, so he was in the wrong), so it's possible for people with certain physical disabilities to cause significant harm. Obviously, other disabilities even more so.

It's not OK to continue attacking someone after they've ceased to be a threat to you, even if they attacked first. So for example, I heard of a case where a guy attacked someone with a screwdriver (which makes a good stabbing weapon). The victim wrestled the screwdriver away and hit him on the head, knocking him out. That was permissible. But then the victim proceeded to stab him several times with the screwdriver, and as a result was charged with murder.

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2011, 12:58 pm

If anyone attacks me I will do my best to hurt that person. My policy is when someone attacks me without provocation it is my duty to inflict as much pain as possible. If I think I can get away with it I would try to cripple them or leave a scar so the attacker will think twice about attacking someone for no reason in the future. 8) But I never would attack a disabled person I might say a few choice words at them but why would I hit them their life is already horrible why make it more bad for the handicapped person.

Last edited by Todesking on 14 Jan 2011, 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2011, 2:21 pm

No!

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2011, 4:39 pm

If they start the fight, yes then is is okay to fight them back. If a paraplegic or ret*d person jumped me, I would go for the kill.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2011, 10:08 pm

aspergersrapper wrote:
I have had a a few people with the opinion that if a disabled person starts a fight that it gives them the right to beat them to death.

Since disability is a wide spectrum, you could say they mean even the most slowest of minds to those who have no limbs to those who use a computer to talk through.

what do you think?

I think violence is always evil no matter what the excuse. It just causes problems, hurts people, ruins lives and makes everything worse for everyone involved. Why do so many people choose to learn this lesson the hard way?

Apple_in_my_Eye
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2011, 10:51 pm

Whether it's ok or not probably depends on who is making the judgment. If you beat someone to death with their wheelchair, the guy who told you that that would be ok will probably approve.

If it's 12 jurors from your community, you'll get the (electric) chair.

Personally, if I used a wheelchair, I'd have a pistol tucked away somewhere and would blow your brains out before you got too far with the killing.

"Cripple defends himself --> likely exonerated."

"Tough guy kills cripple --> toast."

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2011, 10:49 pm

Apple_in_my_Eye wrote:
Whether it's ok or not probably depends on who is making the judgment. If you beat someone to death with their wheelchair, the guy who told you that that would be ok will probably approve.

If it's 12 jurors from your community, you'll get the (electric) chair.

Personally, if I used a wheelchair, I'd have a pistol tucked away somewhere and would blow your brains out before you got too far with the killing.

"Cripple defends himself --> likely exonerated."

"Tough guy kills cripple --> toast."

I saw a 12 year old kid get smacked in the nose by an collapsable asp baton by a man in a wheel chair when the kid grabbed the guys chair and started spinning him around while yelling whooo. The kid's mother just stood there not doing a thing then all opf a sudden the kid was doubled over holding his nose then the mother freaked out because her little angle was bloodied for being a b@stard. The cops took the boy and the guy in the chair away. The guy claimed he could not see who grabbed him but he was in fear for his life and did what he had to protect himself.

raisedbyignorance
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2011, 10:58 pm

The same rules should apply with any able-bodied person: only in self-defense...and I don't mean if someone if picking a fight with you, you fight back. I mean if someone is seriously intending to or is causing serious bodily damage to you that you could be crippled or killed from the encounter.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2011, 11:06 pm

Beating a disabled person just for the sake of inflicting serious pain isn't right, if that's what you're getting at. Having AS isn't a license for being a jerk.

Foxx
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Jan 2011, 12:24 am

If said disabled person is a threat to his surroundings, then I would use any force nescessary to eliminate that threat. Simple as that.

if said disabled person was being a jerk i'd just do something mean to him again... ie. pulling him out of his wheelchair.

in any case... beating up a diabled person to me is like trying to use a nuke to kill a a hummingbird. Simply not worth it to me