Page 4 of 4 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2014, 8:30 pm

What I find annoying are 1/2 twits Tom Cruise and gaia loving hippies who spread their "big pharma" routine, they are the ones who are the danger , if I had it my way they would be jailed for crimes against humanity (seriously)

Funny that the natural health care companies must be doing it for altruistic reasons , my beta blockers cost 1/3 the price of the natural medications to complement it ....

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2014, 9:16 pm

aussiebloke wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Every anti-depressant(effexor, mirtazapine, prozac, wellbutrin) I have tried makes me more anxious and doesn't help the depression, well a lot of them do seem to have stimulant properties maybe that has something to do with it.:shrug: I also tried zyprexa for anxiety/depression and that made me completely apathetic and uninterested in everything I decided to stop taking it when I came to the conclusion it made me feel like someone who survived a lobotomy might feel based on what I learned that does in psychology class. Then I've had seroquel(however you spell it) which I hate just makes me irritable and frusterated. I have also been prescribed anti-histimines which just make me feel weird. I tried klonopin but had problems with that mostly it was too addictive so I ended up abusing it and crap.

As of now I am prescribed valium, which works ok....but I end up supplementing that by herbal teas or tinctures with herbs such as valarian, lavander, chamomille, hops, passionflower and there's probably other relaxing herbs. I more use the valium for intense anxiety or panic attacks not on a daily basis.

that's a good idea , a augmenter , post medication I am now aware what is good and bad , wasn't sure about potatoes , now I am certain this is the best mood boosting food (calming) for me , in fact theirs a book called "potatoes not Prozac" seems a little extreme why not both :wink:

I love potatoes, don't know if they really effect my mood...but I really like them just not mashed either fried or baked potatoes my favorite is probably chili cheese fries but naturally cut potatoes not the factory kind with all the peel cut off. But yeah I do like to put the herbal remedies to use....I also use cannabis which helps with anxiety at times that has helped better than the valium. My doctor told me that smoking the cannabis was the most damaging ingestion so I got a vape pen(basically a mini vaporizer but I can only vape hash in it so will have to get some) but yeah that should be a good thing to have to go a little easy on my lungs. But yes I try to be open and honest to medical professionals I deal with...though sometimes it can be difficult because some are biased and such.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2014, 3:26 am

^^^^

did you check out my anxiety guide? to lazy to post it so instead will let you do the work , these conversations are helpful a member here suggested melatonin , I would have thought weed would be dangerous for a anxiety ? or perhaps over the long term.

What I find particularly cruel about this condition is being treated like a ret*d when the words become muddled or you struggle having the words come out , I had moronic police note I wasn't "sociable " recently , I wonder if they did note it on my permanent record ? would they prefer I speak and annoy them , :wink: or have them accuse me of being on drugs ? :roll:

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2014, 9:29 am

aussiebloke wrote:
^^^^

did you check out my anxiety guide? to lazy to post it so instead will let you do the work , these conversations are helpful a member here suggested melatonin , I would have thought weed would be dangerous for a anxiety ? or perhaps over the long term.

What I find particularly cruel about this condition is being treated like a ret*d when the words become muddled or you struggle having the words come out , I had moronic police note I wasn't "sociable " recently , I wonder if they did note it on my permanent record ? would they prefer I speak and annoy them , :wink: or have them accuse me of being on drugs ? :roll:

For some people its not good for anxiety, but I've never found it to increase anxiety....it slows my thoughts down so I am not thinking in such a panicky jumbled way and can think more calm and rationally. but yeah I will try and dig up the thing you mention. But yeah that can be obnoxious I've had times I get to anxious and just can't really put stuff into words easily then people will try to speak for me. Like say i go to the doctors office and get nervous and have trouble talking to the person to sign in if my moms with me its likely she'll try to do the talking for me. Or if I am really anxious or going into a panic attack it seems so far beyond people what I am experiencing and they might react like I am making a big deal of nothing and well its not nothing when it feels like you can't breath and impending doom is to take place at any moment.

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2014, 10:21 am

I take clomipramine for OCD, anxiety and low moods. Before I went on it, I was doing compulsive rituals for 8 hours a day and I've had to repeat the year at university. But now I am doing quite a bit better OCD-wise. Anxiety is still there though, but I have clonazepam PRN if I need it.

einsteinmyhero
Toucan
Toucan

10 Apr 2014, 12:21 am

I take anxiety meds.

em_tsuj
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2014, 12:38 am

I got diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder about a year ago and started taking Buspar. It is a non-addictive anti-anxiety medication. It works well for me. It also seems to help my anti-depressant work better. For me, anxiety is like water is for a fish. I never noticed how bad my anxiety was until l started getting treated for it. At first I was scared because of how many bad things I have seen with people abusing benzos. I thought taking anything for anxiety would be dangerous. I haven't had any negative side effects. It made me drowsy in the beginning but not now. I can function much better with my anxiety under control. I still get anxious at times, but taking the medicine keeps my baseline level of anxiety low enough that I can use meditation or mindfulness to deal with the residual anxiety.

Ron5442
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

21 Apr 2014, 8:29 pm

I’ve found very small doses of Xanax work very well for me. I break a 0.25mg table into 6 parts and it’s about the right dose. With such a small dose it’s not a problem to take one before I start doing something anxiety causing or if it looks like the day might be bad. One of the great things about this, is if 1 piece isn’t enough (some days are just like that) I can take more without feeling guilty.

Huckster
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Nov 2014, 4:06 pm

I found Buspirone (buspar generic) has worked really well. I can't quite believe what life used to be like.

LokiofSassgard
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2014, 4:15 pm

I'm taking an anti-psychotic called abilify. My anxiety was so horrible that I was suffering from depressive tendencies. I wanted to self-harm and do anything to get rid of the anxiety I was dealing with. Nothing worked. So, I told my psychiatrist about it after a ex-friend told me about abilify. I mentioned to him, and he prescribed it to me. Ever since I've taken it, my life has been much better. It's like I can do a lot more without crippling anxiety making me go crazy. I do get occasional anxiety, but it's usually do to going to the dentist or my anime convention... stuff like that.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2014, 4:19 pm

blahblah123 wrote:
I was completely against taking any medication until I watched a Temple Grandin interview. She said, "Without these meds I wouldn't be here today. " So I'm thinking I should reconsider my previous stance. I've missed out on a ton of opportunities because of my anxiety and I feel that now might be the time to start taking medication.

I would love to hear some experiences with medication and how it helped (or didn't help) to turn your life around.

I have tried klonopin, trazodone and buspar for anxiety, those ones did not work..I was very sensitive to the addictive properties of klonopin apparently, kinda nasty drug at least for me, the trazodone is better as a sleep aid which I still have it prescribed as, and the buspar just gave me a headache which counteracted any calming effects since headaches frustrate me. Now I am prescribed valium and it works pretty well, for some reason even though its a benzo like klonopin it doesn't have the same addictive effect I have no urge to take it when I don't need it like with the klonopin.

Swiper
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

07 Nov 2014, 4:38 pm

Diagnosed with Anxiety Disorder NOS and Depression. I take 20mg of Paxil each night.

Deb1970
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2014, 9:46 pm

I've taken many anti depressants and anti anxiety medications. All of them make me feel tired. Currently I'm taking Lorazepam and Lamotrigine. I think they help some but I still have high anxiety. It is probably because I have to focus more then I should on communication. Not to mention being over stimulated for a large portion of the day.

- Edgar Allan Poe -

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2014, 10:05 pm

I take 0.5mg of Clonazepam in the morning and another 0.5mg at night, it's been helping so far. Thinking that I need a dosage increase though, since I still feel some anxiety. I take a host of other medications for other stuff too.

I take lorazepams too when I have severe panic attacks and need to calm down fast.