Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

BroncosRtheBest
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Jan 2011, 10:42 pm

NOTE: I have no idea what the proper forum this should go under, so Mods please move if necessary.

So here's the thing. The good news is that I'm pretty sure I'm going to prom this year, because somehow an extremely nice, Christian, and smoking hot NT girl said I was her #1 choice, and I've been chomping at the bit to go out with her. However, my main dilemma is in the subject line. Obviously with this being prom, the dress code is far too formal for my taste. Can anyone with experience tell me which is more comfortable, a suit or a tux?

chaotik_lord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2011, 11:49 pm

Suit. Tuxes are weird.

Lene
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2011, 11:37 am

tuxes are awesome! :D

Is there any reason why you can't try both on before you buy/rent?

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2011, 12:23 pm

BroncosRtheBest wrote:
NOTE: I have no idea what the proper forum this should go under, so Mods please move if necessary.

So here's the thing. The good news is that I'm pretty sure I'm going to prom this year, because somehow an extremely nice, Christian, and smoking hot NT girl said I was her #1 choice, and I've been chomping at the bit to go out with her. However, my main dilemma is in the subject line. Obviously with this being prom, the dress code is far too formal for my taste. Can anyone with experience tell me which is more comfortable, a suit or a tux?

For formal dress and for that specific occasion, I would go for a tux.

Italianwolf77
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2011, 6:01 pm

Ask her what she'd prefer. When I went to prom my date didn't care if it was a suit or tux, so I just wore a suit. But your date may or may not have a preference. A tux would probably be the best option.

Foxx
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Jan 2011, 2:43 am

Definately a suit for you if you don't like overly formal clothes. With suits, you generally have more freedom in choosing the individual clothes and how they go together. A tux is really just black and white only, which might not look good on you.

see if you can try some suits and tuxes, and try to make up something you think makes you look good.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2011, 9:30 am

The only thing about a tux is the cummerbund that goes around the waist.

As far as either goes, if a suit or tux is fit for YOU, it should be very comfortable compared to something you buy off the rack.