Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

MasterJedi
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2011, 1:20 pm

decided I'm in a much better mood, I'll try this again.

Hooked up the Wii Fit last night, had some coordination issues with the stepping and them telling me to switch feet and step off to the side. I found it highly confusing.I had to do other stuff to unlock "free step"

I burned about 670 calories doing that and just had a 350 calorie lunch.

Feelin' good!

I'm gonna be able to fit in mediums soon!! ! :cheers:

That is my spot, in an ever changing world, it is a single point of consistency. If my life were expressed as a function on a four dimensional Cartesian coordinate system, that spot, from the moment I first sat on it, would be 0-0-0-0.

danandlouie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2011, 1:59 am

the last time i went to physical therapy i was having problems on the balance walk, a small plank assembly on the floor. the pt was an ex gymnast who used her skills to receive a full scholarship and had been out of school for a couple years. she was trying to encourage me but i'm too damaged to have much in the way of coordination or balance. so i said 'show me something'.

wow, did she. she did backflips all the way down the plank, never putting a hand or foot wrong.

gave me a whole new scale for appreciating good balance and coordination.

keep at it man.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2011, 10:44 pm

the electronic method is too rich for me, so i guess i'll stick to eating wish sandwiches and jogging/biking 'round the neighborhood most days. but i agree that gyms are overpriced.

MasterJedi
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2011, 12:04 am

another 1,200 calories incinerated tonight.

Felt great!

That is my spot, in an ever changing world, it is a single point of consistency. If my life were expressed as a function on a four dimensional Cartesian coordinate system, that spot, from the moment I first sat on it, would be 0-0-0-0.

AceOfSpades
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2011, 12:40 am

There's no replacement for iron, pull up bars, and benches. I go to the gym, but membership's cheap since its at my college.

JazzofLife
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Jan 2011, 9:50 pm

AceOfSpades wrote:
There's no replacement for iron, pull up bars, and benches. I go to the gym, but membership's cheap since its at my college.

Totally right about that. I've got a membership at the downtown branch of a regionally based health club. I pump iron, and so much more down there. I work out by myself for the most part, which is fine. I get a few of the guys there stopping by to say hi, etc. I enjoy pumping iron, because I'm competing against myself to be the best I can be. I get my cardiovascular from walking 3-4 times a week, ~30 minutes a day, outside the gym.

Dx'd with AS and AD/HD Combined in 2007

Interests: Music, great outdoors (beach/mountains), cooking/baking, philosophy, arts/sciences, reading, writing, sports, spirituality, Green, sus

Mercurial
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2011, 12:38 am

I only pay 10 a month for my gym membership. We have Planet Fitness here, which is a nice, no pressure type of gym for ordinary people. You see a lot of out of shape people there, no juicers (although you see some Jersey Shore wannabes there in the evenings sometimes) and the only time the anorexic crowd shows up in on weekdays during lunch hour. I like using an elliptical but I can't afford the quality ones my gym has. Plus I have no room for one!

Wii for exercising is interesting but I have no desire to invest in one. Sometimes I just need to get out of my house and and gym is a good place--I know what to expect, I have my routine there, people leave me alone.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2011, 7:51 am

I like body weight exercises. I am a gym.

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2011, 8:31 pm

I probably do need a membership to the gym to keep toned and strong, I currently carry a zero pack that practically expands. ;)
Nothing too serious otherwise.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2011, 9:54 pm

superboyian wrote:
I probably do need a membership to the gym to keep toned and strong, I currently carry a zero pack that practically expands. ;)Nothing too serious otherwise.

you can save lots of fundage by using your own body weight as a built-in gym.

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2011, 3:57 pm

auntblabby wrote:
superboyian wrote:
I probably do need a membership to the gym to keep toned and strong, I currently carry a zero pack that practically expands. ;)Nothing too serious otherwise.

you can save lots of fundage by using your own body weight as a built-in gym.

:lmao:

That's another alternative that might work. ;)

Mackica
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2011, 10:59 pm

I have never had a gym membership-used to run a lot,now I do yoga on my own,dance,weights and walk really fast after dinner. If you think about how the American lifestyle and community is based,on cars and sitting and eating cheap fat and cholesterol inducing JUNK compared to the European one,where you walk or bike,it all makes sense.Not the US one though!

Thundaeagle
Raven
Raven

05 Feb 2011, 12:23 am

I used to swim 3 times a week for an hour. I have to cut back on the swimming but I am taking up roller derby in my local league

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2011, 6:45 am

closest actual gym for me is an hour drive away so not even worth it. I am just gonna stick with my home equipment alongside the huge amount of running I do at work. Bought a free-weights set a few weeks back. Got nice solid arms now and 17 1/2 inch biceps so I am happy :D
Also working the other muscle groups but I have difficulty making the time to since a round trip to work and back is 90ish miles. I usually get home, eat, check forums for 10 minutes then sleep :/

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/