What if men had no sex drive?

Page 1 of 5 [ 74 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

ApsieGuy
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2011, 3:03 pm

-Obesity rates would rapidly increase(Why workout if I don't want sex)

-Education levels of the typical American would drop.(Why get educated when I don't want sex)

-Everyone would be awkward(why develop my social skills if I don't want sex)

I think overall, the human race would NOT progress.

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2011, 3:06 pm

:roll:

Xeno
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2011, 3:09 pm

I actually reached that point for quite awhile. Then I stopped taking Zoloft, and now I don't want to blow my brains out anymore.

Aspie101MD
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Jan 2011, 3:11 pm

ApsieGuy wrote:

Well I would think that just based on the fact that there is no incentive to procreate without that funny feeling down there. Sex as a motivation is a good thing...at least for men. I doubt woman will ever get that

ApsieGuy
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2011, 3:16 pm

Aspie101MD wrote:
ApsieGuy wrote:

Well I would think that just based on the fact that there is no incentive to procreate without that funny feeling down there. Sex as a motivation is a good thing...at least for men. I doubt woman will ever get that

Well, I can tell you that the primary reason I workout is to increase the quality of the mate I will get from it.

Same with getting an education.

I get the sense that men have a MUCH higher sex drive than women based on what I have seen in the real world and read on WP

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2011, 3:18 pm

War would end.

Aspie101MD
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Jan 2011, 3:26 pm

ApsieGuy wrote:
Aspie101MD wrote:
ApsieGuy wrote:

Well, I can tell you that the primary reason I workout is to increase the quality of the mate I will get from it.

Same with getting an education.

I get the sense that men have a MUCH higher sex drive than women based on what I have seen in the real world and read on WP

Yes that's been established. I'm not sure if I'm the only one who gets this concept but I will blurt it out anyways as a quick refresher; humans are animal's and thus this applies to them us as well. Dumbed down, males go after females and have sex with them to procreate, as we developed from that simple concept we [human's] obviously developed some more complex set of emotions and thus we have 999999 relationship threads. Basically guys are hormonally, chemically, and just built to be attracted to females and since females were originally designed as just a "recipient" they developed into a more emotional human being. Gosh I hate when I analysis life like that it makes it so depressing :/ anyways that concept I described above is nothing new yet so many people A) Fail to know it or B) Pretend it doesn't exist and there just some exception to the human race/how animals are hardwired.

Last edited by Aspie101MD on 15 Jan 2011, 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CJame
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Jan 2011, 3:28 pm

I would say sex drive is a double edged sword.

It is no coincidence that men make higher salaries and there are more male CEO's. It's a biological drive.

On the other hand, men's sex drive can make them put up with some downright nasty females just because they are very physically attractive.

To answer your question, without a sex drive, life would be very calm. We wouldn't be distracted, or sometimes uncomfortable when females come to the work place with miniskirts or low cut blouses. We'd be able to focus on whatever we were doing.

I've done research upon this -- some men find their sex drive such a nuisance that they perform chemical or physical castration to remove their gonads.

Without a sex drive, we would probably make excuses not to have sex. Imagine a world where the men were to say, "I have a headache" more often than women. It would mean extinction.

Last edited by CJame on 15 Jan 2011, 3:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2011, 3:33 pm

What does sex drive have to do with social skills, education, and things like that?

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Aspie101MD
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Jan 2011, 3:34 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
What does sex drive have to do with social skills, education, and things like that?

Find the correlation and take a look at my second post about the way animals are hardwired.

Bethie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: My World, Highview, Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, Local Group, Local Supercluster

15 Jan 2011, 3:56 pm

ApsieGuy wrote:

-Education levels of the typical American would drop.(Why get educated when I don't want sex)

So... you not being motivated to better yourself by anything other than sex means all other men are the same.

Gotcha.

Bethie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: My World, Highview, Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, Local Group, Local Supercluster

15 Jan 2011, 4:00 pm

Aspie101MD wrote:
[females were originally designed as just a "recipient" they developed into a more emotional human being.

BS X 4.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2011, 4:03 pm

Well if sex drive decreased, so would the population, which may not be such a bad thing since the planet is becoming vastly over populated.

Aspie101MD
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Jan 2011, 4:19 pm

Bethie wrote:
Aspie101MD wrote:
[females were originally designed as just a "recipient" they developed into a more emotional human being.

BS X 4.

Argue it. I'm not trying to degrade females I'm just being blunt and simple in terms of what the male and female roles are in animals which humans fall into. Simple yes but certainly not "BS X 4", I could argue that your a biased feminazi with an agenda and proving arrogant ass hole males wrong but I wouldn't be that stupid, insensitive, and investigative.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2011, 4:38 pm

ApsieGuy wrote:

Well it wouldn't progress because people wouldn't be reproducing. However I'm of the opinion that if it was mandatory to "fix" most humans, the world would be a much better place.

You would probably see crime and the prison population fall drastically. I don't think scenario you envision would come true. Not all men are driven in life by sex. People would still have their likes and interests. I envision that most people would maintain that pre-pubescent innocents and curiosity of life.

I come to this conclusion as it is frequently the teenage years that people become corrupt, and all of my pets who reached sexual maturity before being spayed or neutered were hellish to live with (did you know un-neutered male cats will snap at people if you get between them and an unspayed female?) and much more pleasant and peaceful the procedure.

Curiously, the male cats would still spray if they felt their territory was sufficiently threatened by another cat, and the female dog still had a thing for unneutered male dogs, but aggression drops significantly as did their desire to roam, and their tolerance levels for things that annoyed them increased.

Volodja
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2011, 4:54 pm

I would still educate myself whether I wanted sex or not. If anything, lack of sex drive would make people even MORE inclined to focus on other things like getting a degree, reading etc