What if men had no sex drive?

Page 3 of 5 [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

ikorack
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 15 Mar 2009
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,870

15 Jan 2011, 5:56 pm

what uptake would that be?



curlyfry
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2010
Age: 50
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,503
Location: Latitude : 45.373. Longitude : -84.955

15 Jan 2011, 6:04 pm

Chronos, well done.

Women can desire sex just as much as men. The lack of publicly expressing desire as men do, does not mean it is absent.



Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Dec 2010
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,219

15 Jan 2011, 6:07 pm

Aspie101MD wrote:
Quote:
That's funny, that open-minded bit. Very Happy

Really, it was.

What part of "I play devil's advocate hard didn't you get"?

I punch babies.
Can I not laugh without getting my head bitten off? Jeez.

I can edit posts too, btw.



emlion
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Sep 2010
Age: 30
Gender: Female
Posts: 17,641

15 Jan 2011, 6:07 pm

curlyfry wrote:
Chronos, well done.

Women can desire sex just as much as men. The lack of publicly expressing desire as men do, does not mean it is absent.


I probably have a higher sex drive than many, many men and i'm female.



Aspie101MD
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

User avatar

Joined: 13 Jan 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 40

15 Jan 2011, 6:10 pm

Jonsi wrote:
Aspie101MD wrote:
Quote:
That's funny, that open-minded bit. Very Happy

Really, it was.

What part of "I play devil's advocate hard didn't you get"?

I punch babies.
Can I not laugh without getting my head bitten off? Jeez.

I can edit posts too, btw.

Ha that's a good one. And no you can not laugh without getting your head bitten off :p Just kidding of course you can, you have free will you know. I'm just being argumentative.



emlion
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Sep 2010
Age: 30
Gender: Female
Posts: 17,641

15 Jan 2011, 6:12 pm

Aspie101MD wrote:
Jo/nsi wrote:
Aspie101MD wrote:
Quote:
That's funny, that open-minded bit. Very Happy

Really, it was.

What part of "I play devil's advocate hard didn't you get"?

I punch babies.
Can I not laugh without getting my head bitten off? Jeez.

I can edit posts too, btw.

Ha that's a good one. And no you can not laugh without getting your head bitten off :p Just kidding of course you can, you have free will you know. I'm just being argumentative.


Why are you being argumentative?
It just makes you seem arrogant and childish.
:?



Aspie101MD
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

User avatar

Joined: 13 Jan 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 40

15 Jan 2011, 6:21 pm

emlion wrote:
Aspie101MD wrote:
Jo/nsi wrote:
Aspie101MD wrote:
Quote:
That's funny, that open-minded bit. Very Happy

Really, it was.

What part of "I play devil's advocate hard didn't you get"?

I punch babies.
Can I not laugh without getting my head bitten off? Jeez.

I can edit posts too, btw.

Ha that's a good one. And no you can not laugh without getting your head bitten off :p Just kidding of course you can, you have free will you know. I'm just being argumentative.


Why are you being argumentative?
It just makes you seem arrogant and childish.
:?

What I may "seam" is of little significance to me...well actually that's not true because "childish" is not something I like. I like fact's that's all I can say :) nothing personal :p



emlion
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Sep 2010
Age: 30
Gender: Female
Posts: 17,641

15 Jan 2011, 6:23 pm

I just don't understand why you're so standoffish.
I was just curious.
Anyway, I shall disengage, because it's not productive to be so negiative and argumentative all the time.
Have a nice day! :)



Bethie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Jul 2010
Age: 31
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,817
Location: My World, Highview, Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, Local Group, Local Supercluster

15 Jan 2011, 7:53 pm

Aspie101MD wrote:
Bethie wrote:
Aspie101MD wrote:
[females were originally designed as just a "recipient" they developed into a more emotional human being.


Bullshit X 4.

Argue it. I'm not trying to degrade females I'm just being blunt and simple in terms of what the male and female roles are in animals which humans fall into. Simple yes but certainly not "Bullshit X 4", I could argue that your a biased feminazi with an agenda and proving arrogant ass hole males wrong but I wouldn't be that stupid, insensitive, and investigative.


No empirical or analytical evidence suggests we were designed.

Women are and always have been active in the mating process,
not just vessels for men's urges.

Reactions that can be characterized as emotional ones are present in most animals,
and all mammals- they are not new from an evolutionary perspective.

What exactly does "more emotional" mean?
Strong emotions?
A greater range of them?
A greating willingness to express them?

Calling me names doesn't entitle you to your own facts.

I do, however, apologize if you took offense to my original phrasing.


_________________
For there is another kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions; indifference and inaction and slow decay.


Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Apr 2010
Age: 40
Gender: Female
Posts: 8,698

15 Jan 2011, 9:12 pm

On the subject of male and female roles when it comes to propagation of the species, humans differ from most animals.

Humans are physically weak in many senses of the word, and depend greatly on numbers and team work in pre-civilization environments.

Compared to other animals our size, we lack strength, speed, innate protection from the element, we have a long gut and weak digestive system predisposes us to food poisining, and we require resources which are not readily available in nature.

Human babies generally require 24 hour care (this is one reason why polygamy was favorable through much of human history).

A human female, on her own, in the wild with a baby would have a very low survival rate for herself and her baby.

Human males and the support roles they have filled in terms of providing resources with respect to child rearing have been an integral part in the propagation of the species in the context of which the species has evolved. So for humans, males are not just wired to fulfill the purpose of sperm donor.

In most mammal species, such as cats, for example, the male has almost no supportive role in child rearing. Their only role with respect to their sex is to propagate genetic material to increase the chances of gene pool diversity.

Of course, I like to believe there is more to life than propagation of the species. We do have more of an importance to one another other than procreation.



blahblah123
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

User avatar

Joined: 24 Jul 2010
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 59

15 Jan 2011, 9:32 pm

Moog wrote:
War would end.


And there wouldn't be any starving kids in Africa anymore.



Xeno
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Jun 2010
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 828

15 Jan 2011, 9:42 pm

blahblah123 wrote:
Moog wrote:
War would end.


And there wouldn't be any starving kids in Africa anymore.


Exactly. And round squares would exist. And the Bogeyman would go away because he's a big mean doodyhead.



Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Dec 2009
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,016

16 Jan 2011, 4:07 am

Both genders have equal sex drives, it's just that society dictates that females should hide it or they'll be called a "slag" or whatever :roll:



MrLoony
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Jun 2009
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,298
Location: Nevada (not Vegas)

16 Jan 2011, 4:29 am

Asp-Z wrote:
Both genders have equal sex drives, it's just that society dictates that females should hide it or they'll be called a "slag" or whatever :roll:


Well... birth control pills can lower female sex drives.

But... yes. Women have sex drives as well.

Sexuality is a range. You can be as far as 100% asexual or as far as 100% xsexual (hetero, homo, bi, pan, etc, etc, etc... and bi and pan can be split further).

For me, I've spent most of my life being around 60-80% asexual, the rest heterosexual. Some times in my life, I've been more heterosexual than asexual.

As far as how I am now... well... that's my own business.

Anyways, the point is that this range can be applied to men and women. And there's motivation to the human race aside from sex.

Edit: By the way, I'd also like to point out that I've been overweight much of my life and I've also been propositioned... quite a bit.


_________________
"Let reason be your only sovereign." ~Wizard's Sixth Rule
I'm working my way up to Attending Crazy Taoist. For now, just call me Dr. Crazy Taoist.


emlion
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Sep 2010
Age: 30
Gender: Female
Posts: 17,641

16 Jan 2011, 9:38 am

Asp-Z wrote:
Both genders have equal sex drives, it's just that society dictates that females should hide it or they'll be called a "slag" or whatever :roll:


I openly have a high sex drive, but i always get called a 'party girl' because of it - even though i rarely go to parties. :?