Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Simonono
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2011, 6:44 am

This is really annoying me. Everything I try to watch is displayed too dark, even when I turn up the brightness fully. I am using Windows Media Player 11 on Windows 7. A lot of people have had problems with this and I've been reading about it on the internet, but I haven't found any answers. Help meh please!

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2011, 7:18 am

I gave up on the Windows Media Player and now use the freeware VLC media player (as suggested by Orwell) I find it much better and less clunky to use.

http://wiki.videolan.org/

iceb
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2011, 7:40 am

If you have a nVidia graphics card you can run the graphics utility and adjust the setting for video playback, it might help.

LordoftheMonkeys
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2011, 1:40 pm

There are plenty of free video making programs out there if you don't like Windows Movie Maker.

EnglishInvader
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2011, 3:56 pm

TallyMan wrote:
I gave up on the Windows Media Player and now use the freeware VLC media player (as suggested by Orwell) I find it much better and less clunky to use.

http://wiki.videolan.org/

VLC Media Player is also able to bypass the Windows security which enables you to watch DVDs from all regions without any restriction(s). I also recommend WinDVD which gives both excellent picture and sound quality and easily accessible options.